How to juggle all 3 sciences for the HSC? (1 Viewer)

cocobear13

HSC
Hi everyone :) I'm graduating in 22 and I was wondering if anyone who is doing/has done all three sciences for the HSC has any tips or methods in order to study effectively/balance all three sciences and not burn out or anything. To be honest, in year 11 it wasn't like I couldn't manage the content - it was more that I just didn't study as effectively as I should have. I am just wondering about whether it's plausible to have the time to work all three sciences into my routine without stressing too much - or whether it's better to drop a science (I'd rather not, but if it has to be done it has to be done - I am also doing Ext.1 Maths and English).

I was also wondering about whether all the prelim content covered in all three sciences applies for the HSC content - because I am planning to just review the content necessary during the last week of the Year 11 holidays in order to prep. for Year 12.

Any reply would be greatly appreciated :D. Have a nice day!

dasfas

HSC
If you're doing 11 units, it shouldn't be too bad. Someone might have more advice for physics, but for chemistry/biology, just make sure you stay on top of the content as you can fall behind very quickly.

Not all the content is assessable from prelim. In fact, assuming you did decently in prelim, it would be far more worth your time to familiarise yourself with the HSC content rather than review prelim content.

Or even just don't do any study at all. These are the last proper holidays where you can 100% relax. You don't want to go too hard early on and burn out.

cocobear13

HSC
If you're doing 11 units, it shouldn't be too bad. Someone might have more advice for physics, but for chemistry/biology, just make sure you stay on top of the content as you can fall behind very quickly.

Not all the content is assessable from prelim. In fact, assuming you did decently in prelim, it would be far more worth your time to familiarise yourself with the HSC content rather than review prelim content.

Or even just don't do any study at all. These are the last proper holidays where you can 100% relax. You don't want to go too hard early on and burn out.
Alright, I'll take it easy haha. Thanks! :D

weekend

HSC
One of the students I’m tutoring, is currently studying bio in their holiday prior to year 12. This can be advantageous since you can get ahead of the class in subjects like biology and this greatly helps out in the long term
hi :) how would you suggest studying for bio ahead of class? i've just been looking at the textbook for next term and all i've been doing is reading the start of the heredity module :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)