How to know where a subject is if you're not enrolled in it! (1 Viewer)

thumb

34t43
HSC
N/A
Hello!

Is there a way of finding where a lecture is to be held if you're not actually enrolled in that particular course?

thanks!

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
""best"" way to figure it our is: enroll in it->check timetable->drop subject....there may be a list of withdrawn units, but who cares :eek:

thumb

34t43
HSC
N/A
Surely there's another way..

I'm not actually allowed to enrol in the particular subject for the time being since I haven't completed pre-reqs.

tennille

HSC
There used to be, but I can't seem to find it. I think it was under "venue bookings" or something.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Go to

http://web.timetable.usyd.edu.au/menu.jsp?level0=Venue Bookings

EDIT:

Sorry I didn't read the question properly.

You used to be able to go to Central Timetabling and it would tell you where, when and who was taking the lecture. I'd recommend just trying all the possible rooms that the subject could be in and hope for the best.

If the course you are looking for is in the Faculty of Economics and Business you can try:
http://www.econ.usyd.edu.au/ugrad_1

Other faculties may have something similar. Check out their homepages.

Last edited:

bustinjustin

HSC
Yeah, they've taken away the "Venue Bookings" option for some reason, so its harder to find now.

These are the easiest ways to find them (I think).

For Economics and Business, class times and venues are available here

For Arts, check out individual departmental websites, they generally have them there

For the rest, not sure, but as per above, check out individual departmensts' websites.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
thumb said:
Hello!

Is there a way of finding where a lecture is to be held if you're not actually enrolled in that particular course?

thanks!
I was just wondering why you were interested in knowing where every lecture is?

Maybe you're like me...looking to go to lectures that aren't even on my timetable.

Hey, it's cool to do that. I can go into a French lecture and learn a foreign language. Sounds cool. Might try that one day.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Oh, poop. sorry. I somehow overcame this problem this semester, but can't remember how - I checked which building every subject is in (as long as i typed in the subject code). Now i am teh sux0r.

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
Alternatively, tell us which course you're enquiring about and maybe one of us is enrolled in that course and we can tell you where the lectures are.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
who cares where the lecture is, though? most lectures finish at xx:55 and start at xx:05. That gives you 10 mins to walk to another location on campus

lala2

Banned
HSC
How do I get my timetable changed? :( I found out I have a clash because the timetable unit people were not informed of the extra class. Where, and when? And is it still possible?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Either at madsen, or you could use the timetable changing service through myuni, I would assume (like you would have before class started)

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
You should have seen the amount of retards who can't use a computer lining up at the Arts Faculty to get them to change their subjects for them.

Fucking gronks should be expelled immediately because if you can't work out how to change subjects on myUni you will probably forget how to live sooner or later and your body will be a burden on union cleaning staff.

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah, I'm going to Madsen because the timetable unit does not recognise that I have a clash (i.e. it timetables me for the same slot) because the silly UOS people didn't tell them about a week for which the concerned lab is held. What times are they usually open?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
In that case ask your lecturer or UOS coordinator to switch you over to that extra lab.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Hmmm no see here--on the Monday, the PSPC2601 lab actually has two sessions--weeks 5 and 11. The people did not notify the timetabling people that there was a week 5 session, so technically I have a clash. I tried the timetabling unit, but it's not coming out very well so yeah...

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
thumb said:
Hello!

thanks!
1. Go to http://web.timetable.usyd.edu.au/venuebookings/casualBookings.jsp
2. For Booking Domain select 'Central Booking Office'
3. For Kind select 'Timetable'
4. Enter a date the class would be on
5. Click on Client/UOS to sort the results alphabetically

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)