how to login to AirUWS? (1 Viewer)

Spirits

HSC
N/A
You know the username and password to login to the wireless network? Is it just your student number and password to login to VUWS?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Hmm, it's best to set it up in the library because they have have a flow chart setup guide, also most uni wifi networks require the uni's wireless network password to access it.

I think i should set mine up soon aswell.

Demandred

HSC
You'll also need to meet some of the program requirements like up-to-date anti-virus and firewall or else it won't let you connect, check with the librarians about the specifics.

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
Yes the Login Username/Password is your Student Number/Password.
Keep the blue coloured Login Page on, because you won't be able to connect without it floating in the background.
Also if you're in a bad reception area or sometimes late towards the night, the network may keep disconnecting every few minutes, so you'll just have to live with it. Get's annoying if you're using msn because it keeps logging out though.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
As for Anti-Virus stuff, the easiest one to use (meaning the one which works easiest with the wireless) would be AVG Free Version.

I did have McAfee, which was another of the options, but there were complications. (The Uni installer said I didn't have certain processes running when I did.) So in the end, I just uninstalled it and whacked on AVG. Works like a charm.

The only annoying this is apparently this year they're working on the system, so there are continual dropouts. Apparently they're worst at Kingswood and Paramatta or something. It's on the Uni website.

kerfuffle

HSC
It's been fixed though, according to an e-mail that was sent out a few days ago.
No wonder my laptop couldn't connect to the Internet last week at Kingswood! Came up with a 'Couldn't find page' error. I'm assuming that's the reason why my laptop wouldn't download and install the NetDirect thingyo when I used it at Kingswood and Parramatta a few weeks ago.
I only managed to successfully connect to the Internet for the first time yesterday when I was at the Werrington South campus. xD

= Jennifer =

HSC
Yeah see I have Macafee and there are always problems I can never log into the network because of it :mad: but i love macafee so much better than norton

sailaway

HSC
can someone please tell me what this wireless network is that your talking about? Just curious

kerfuffle

HSC
AirUWS's the wireless network for UWS. If you have a laptop with wireless built-in, you can use the wireless network to access the Internet, even in selected outdoor areas.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Best to set it up in the library as they have a step by step guide, the username and password is your student number and password.

kurtharris

HSC
I got a mac with OS X, so does a friend of mine, we both go to the kingswood campus, when we log onto the wi fi, we cant get onto any website besides the airuws homepage, and when we type anything into the url box, it just redirects us back to the homepage.
can anyone help? cheers

-juLie-

meep
HSC
Try going to see someone at the IT help desk/library as they will set everything up step by step with you. And if they happen to find any problems they can try to fix them for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)