How to pronounce 'Skrzynecki' (1 Viewer)

JOSH.

HSC
I have an English speech on thursday on 2 prescribed texts (Peter Skrzynecki poems) and 1 related text.
I was just wondering how do you pronounce Skrzynecki?

All of our teachers and classes say it differently.
Our teacher says "sher-ness-key". That sounds nice, and is easy to say...but it's not right...at all.
Others say "skry-neck-ee" and "strzelecki" (Magda Szubanski's character on Kath and Kim).

I'd say "sher-ness-key" if I had my teacher, but our classes and teachers are shuffled during speeches week. There's no anonymity to speeches so you can't personally know the person marking you.

How do you pronounce it?

JOSH.

HSC
Pacchiru said:
sher-ness-key, you noob.

Who's the noob now?
In fact who says noob at all?
Big man, big man.
Grow up.

bfrhcp

HSC
you noob? ah dude your a tool. Your calling someone a noob for not knowing the name of an obscure Australian poet with a name difficuilt to pronounce. wtf is wrong with you. It must make you cool to be an expert on Skrzynecki. How embarrasing for you

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
JOSH. said:

Who's the noob now?
In fact who says noob at all?
Big man, big man.
Grow up.
she has more posts than you. :D

AND she can pronounce the name right.

Last edited:

L

quit bos forever 23/01/07
Under the Tuscan Sun, as per usual, fuckan tearin
HSC
N/A
JOSH. said:
I have an English speech on thursday on 2 prescribed texts (Peter Skrzynecki poems) and 1 related text.
I was just wondering how do you pronounce Skrzynecki?

All of our teachers and classes say it differently.
Our teacher says "sher-ness-key". That sounds nice, and is easy to say...but it's not right...at all.
Others say "skry-neck-ee" and "strzelecki" (Magda Szubanski's character on Kath and Kim).

I'd say "sher-ness-key" if I had my teacher, but our classes and teachers are shuffled during speeches week. There's no anonymity to speeches so you can't personally know the person marking you.

How do you pronounce it?
hi noob.

shu-noz-koi-eby

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
bfrhcp said:
you noob? ah dude your a tool. Your calling someone a noob for not knowing the name of an obscure Australian poet with a name difficuilt to pronounce. wtf is wrong with you. It must make you cool to be an expert on Skrzynecki. How embarrasing for you
i'm a lady.

and i can differentiate between your and you're.

JOSH.

HSC
dwarven said:
she has more posts than you. :D

AND she can pronounce the name right.
ugh, white knight.

Post-count is irrelevant to whether or not someone is new.
And who's saying she can pronounce the name correctly? You, her and one other guy in this thread.

Other people on B.O.S have said

MCPlant said:
Skirtz-ee-neck-ee

It's not exact, you have to roll Rs and work phlegm up at one stage, but it's a hell of a lot closer than saying Sheneski.

JOSH.

HSC
Pacchiru said:
i'm a lady.

and i can differentiate between your and you're.
Then why does your details section say you're male?

And your grammar doesn't make you better than him.
God I hate pretentious assholes like you.
Get off your high horse of superiority, you grammar nazi.
No one cares, it's the internet, not a final exam.

If you really were a grammar nazi, then you'd have capital letters for 'And', 'I' and 'I'm', you'd have 'your' and 'you're' in quotations as the sentence doesn't make sense without them and you would say 'distinguish between' instead of 'differentiate between'.

You're just dishing out the biggest words you know in an attempt to sound smart.
Oops...I should have said 'largest' and 'intelligent' instead of 'biggest' and 'smart', shouldn't I?

HSC
JOSH. said:
Then why does your details section say you're male?

And your grammar doesn't make you better than him.
God I hate pretentious assholes like you.
Get off your high horse of superiority, you grammar nazi.
No one cares, it's the internet, not a final exam.

If you really were a grammar nazi, then you'd have capital letters for 'And', 'I' and 'I'm', you'd have 'your' and 'you're' in quotations as the sentence doesn't make sense without them and you would say 'distinguish between' instead of 'differentiate between'.

You're just dishing out the biggest words you know in an attempt to sound smart.
Oops...I should have said 'largest' and 'intelligent' instead of 'biggest' and 'smart', shouldn't I?
we have a keyboard warrior.

*AlexandraRose*

HSC
does anybody know where to get analysis on peter.S poems?
im doing the concept 'belonging' but there is no poem info i can use for assignments anywhere!
any clue?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)