How to quit Coles? (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Hey any coles folk (or more specifically ex coles folk) out there.

I have to quit my job at coles because I want to go home over the holidays and it isn't financially viable for me not to due to the strange way youth allowance works with income banking etc.

I asked my checkout manager if I could have any time off and she said flat out no because there are too many people on leave so I am quitting.

Who to and how do I quit? Should I write a letter and give it to the store manager? Or do I quit to my checkout manager? I'm on part time so I assume I have to give 2 weeks notice.

Oh I am dreading this, they will have the shits real bad because I have only been working there for 2 months, and I like the people there but I don't really have a choice because I need to be able to save to go to Europe and without taking time off to income bank and going home for a while to save moolah it will be harder.

Plus my parents and little sister are laying the guilt trip on me because I haven't seen them since early january.

Any advice on how to quit at coles?

skyby

HSC
well you could just freak out the boss and start stacking all the stuff in the wrong place. walk around the store and tell ppl your waiting for the mothership to come or something.
or you could run around the store telling all the customers that the building is on fire!

or you could just tell your boss that things are not working out and if they wont give you time off you will quit.

either way it is up to you

personally i would be creative!!

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
just go explain to your superviser/checkout manager what the story is, why you need the time off and how it will affect you. If they are still unsympathetic then apologise and lay the guilt trip on them, about how you like working there but with this situation it won't work. Then say that you're quitting. Have a letter of resignation ready, give this to your checkout manager.

hehe that's what i did at woolies. First time around was when i was having a nervous breakdown and my superviser was really sympathetic and let me change my contract to less hours, when they'd suit me. i was on ppt too. second time, meh i couldn't be bothered reasoning with them. The management was in complete chaos and i couldn't stand it any more. So i left.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I think you would do it to your checkout manager, if they are the one who looks after you most of the time.

Tell them you are quitting because you have no choice because they won't let you have time off. I'm sure they don't want to lose more staff but if they still say no then it's not that you're leaving on bad terms, they are in a sense forcing you to leave because you don't have any other choice.

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
I think you would do it to your checkout manager, if they are the one who looks after you most of the time.

Tell them you are quitting because you have no choice because they won't let you have time off. I'm sure they don't want to lose more staff but if they still say no then it's not that you're leaving on bad terms, they are in a sense forcing you to leave because you don't have any other choice.
Nope, has nothing to do with your service dpt manager.

You must remember that your service manager does not mean anything in the store management chain.

Write your resignation first. Have it on you everytime you go to work.

If it were me, I work for another ColesMyer supermarket chain as a department manager and I am about ready to chuck it all in at the present moment, I would have my resignation letter on me every shift and wait until someone (preferably store manager) really pisses me off, then I plan to get on the PA and say "customers, please note that the store manager of this supermarket is a drug dealer and has been dealing drugs out of the Bakery out the back. Also please note that there is a bomb underneath the building."
then I'd storm out, passing the manager's office on the way yelling "FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING STUPID SLUT" whilst throwing the envelope containing my resignation into her office.

The End.
Hope I've provided some inspiration for your quiting experience.

Lennie

in general. you just need to say, sorry, but with uni commitments etc. i feel that it is becoming too much and i can no longer work here.
They will ask for a letter of resignation too, so make sure you have one handy. i used to work at woolies and i actually told the checkout manager who handles all that kind off stuff.
there is nothing they can do especially if you are casual. but generally they like it if you tell them 2 weeks in advance. not sure if you have that much time though.

This works very well if you also throw in some bullshit about how great your time was there etc. etc.

supasoljah

HSC
I dont understand...you say you need to quit work so you can save up....but you will be earning money if u work there...so why quit?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
they cant force you to stay. give them a short letter, and the appropriate notice if you can, and ignore any shit they give you coz you wont be around much longer to hear it. incidentally, when ppl quit and give notice, is it awkward when you come back for those last 2 weeks or whatever, knowing that you are quitting? like do you get treated any different?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
supa it's because of the way youth allowance income bank works. At the moment I earn a lot more than you are supposed to work a fortnight, and hence I lose a lot of what I earn because of the weird way YA works. So I need to take time off work to build up my income bank so that I don't lose so much of my money.

Plus I can work for my parents when I am at home anyway.

I guess I will just give my checkout manager a letter on the weekend with my two weeks notice. Grrr I hate doing this sort of stuff, I shouldn't have taken the job at coles and just stayed at harvey norman! Even though Harvey Norman sucked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)