How to study for Greece 449- (1 Viewer)

Ava

HSC
I've left history abit too last minute and I'm trying to get Augustus and the Julio-Claudians done while studying for 2u english and maths... :( Oh how I regret leaving it so late...

I have a week during HSC to study for history and set aside a few days in my mental study timetable to study for Greece (Great peloponesian war) but I have no idea how to approach it...its huuuuggee...should I just go through everything and write notes or should I write some essays and gamble? If I should do that what essay questions should I look at? What are some essay questions that are worth doing and which should I not bother with?????

Im panicking... :(

HSC
N/A
I'd do an overview of the Pelop war first.

I gotta admit, my Ancient is very sketchy (like, 63 for Trials) and I haven't studied ancient since trials, so...

i'm also using the week before ancient HSC to really do some cramming. I suggest you find out what happens first - unlike english, you can't just pick out points and talk about it :S You do actually have to have an understanding of what happened. Read Bradley for starts, then get a couple of quotes from there. When you get more confident, do more - but for now, just get some basic info into you :)

Best wishes!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I do the period before the one you're doing, but ancient is ancient, so I advise you to make points on the syllabus. For every dot point of the syllaus, write notes on everything that goes under that heading and then also list modern and ancient historian quotes that fit under that point. It's the best way to study, coz in the exam the questions are going to come from the syllabus point. Also, find past paper questions and answer them, then memorise them in the hope they BOS will ask those questions again :p

good luck! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)