How to study for half yearly Mathematics 3 unit (1 Viewer)

ashandlissy

HSC
Should I do more past papers or teachers note for good marks.last time I failed in Maths and got very poor marks .

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
Go through your text book and do a heap of questions. If I am having triuble with a particular question I go to mathsonline.com.au and watch the tut and get some more questions. After, if it is a complicated thing that involves a few steps I will write the steps down and study them as well.

The most effective way to study, is to DO QUESTIONS!

funnytomato

HSC
get past papers from your own school since the problems will be similar in style, if stuck, look at ur teacher's notes/textbook example

Aindan

HSC
If you are struggling with maths, it's probably more important that you understand the concepts rather than do past papers.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
You understand the concepts by doing questions. Herp derp

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Knowing how to apply concepts to exam questions to get a good mark.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
You should only be doing past papers if you're entirely confident in your skills for the topics your testing yourself on. Otherwise, if you're doing papers and continually seeking the answers, you will find that it is purposeless and you'll be unable to improve.

Lumix

HSC
You should only be doing past papers if you're entirely confident in your skills for the topics your testing yourself on. Otherwise, if you're doing papers and continually seeking the answers, you will find that it is purposeless and you'll be unable to improve.
I agree. I get a lot of advice from teachers from all subjects to do past papers. Thing is, it is better to understand the concepts first and do the textbook questions and then go on and practice on past papers.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I agree. I get a lot of advice from teachers from all subjects to do past papers. Thing is, it is better to understand the concepts first and do the textbook questions and then go on and practice on past papers.
Yeah, as long as you can understand the language that the final exams use, and also the extra types of questions that are a little left field, then you'll be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)