How to study for the New Syllabus (1 Viewer)

frog0101

HSC
N/A
Hi,
Due to the changes in the syllabus, putting a greater emphasis on actual chemistry rather than how its effects in society and the environment, how would you study for the new HSC syllabus? In this HSC, will there be as many long answer questions (5-8 marks), or more short answer, and calculation type questions (3-5 marks)? How should ones approach to the course be different to those doing the HSC course now? Will it help to read segments from university textbooks, as the focus of the leans more towards your understanding of the concepts?

Thanks

Idkwhattoput

HSC
Uni Grad
This is what I'm worried about as well. My teacher isn't the best in delivering content or teaching us how to answer exam style questions. As i'm still only in year 11 a textbook (Chemistry in focus etc.) is fine. For year 12 though, i dont know what to do. We don't have past exam papers to prepare for what our exam will be like. So far the only thing i can think of for resources is tutoring (which i, for various reasons, am against) or some site i found called HSC study lab, which i don't know is any good. Pls someone tell us where we can find practise questions and other resources.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
A majority of the new syllabus still contains old dot points just reworded, so you can still use past papers and resources/notes for those I guess. However I guess it's better to be overprepared than underprepared so any extra preparation and research you do will help :)

mariakery1

HSC
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)