How To Write Prefect Legal Essays (1 Viewer)

blazezs

Originally posted by Asquithian
heheh...

make sure u apply the tests one after the other! and make sure u relate it back to the question
?!!!??
Aren't you confusing me?

This is what i was thinking for 1 hour

A good legal essay should have the following, after reading previous HSC essays!

Legislation
Case
Media
Documents

Anything else I've missed?

Last edited:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
CMLD, yeah thats pretty much a common legal studies 'term' (for lack of a better word), documentation is generally the constitution but can be other things like that.

chip

HSC
it sometimes says give criteria how exactly do you do this

just say some cases and legislation and how it shows the law is effective in a certain area
or do you have to say this is the criteria and this is why

Ziusudra

Be My Only Angel
When I did legal studies, I was given SEE - Statement, Explanation and Example.

Statement - state in BRIEF what you will talk about. A short introduction, make it relate to the question and DON'T go off track. Explain what happened in this case.

Explain - explain why it didn't work in this case, what happened next, and what the Constitutional Crisis was (ONLY IF it's related to the question). Talk about the methods used in this case.

Example - use the s51. reserve powers and the 1975 Constitutional Crisis examples. If related to question, examples are not always necessary.

Ziusudra

chip

HSC
i got that idea for english cept its SEX
Statement
Example
Xplanation

elfgal

we got given a glorified overlong version of CMLD as a guide:

Legislation
Cases
Media reports
Documents
Law reports
International
Moral and ethical

:rolleyes:

HSC
Well i just got 23/25 for both of my extended responses in the trial... I find that u just have to chuck in legislation, maybe a case + a treaty or watever...

but u have to make sure that everything "flows" well...

how many pages r ur essays normally?

blazezs

How long are essays?

To be honest, it's not the quantity you write, its the quality of your writing in the essay.

Even if you write 2 pages, and it conveys the question being asked then you would still receive the top mark.

For example, If someone did 10 pages load of crap, and you did 2 pages related to the question, who is going to gain the top marks? You who did 2 pages or that person who did 10 pages?

Indeed you, so don't worry about how long your essays have too be. It's quality not quantity that counts.

blazezs

Originally posted by krayziekarnevil
True to an extent, but it is impossible to fulfill the criteria in two pages.
Nothing in this world is impossible, this world is filled with possibilities.

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
r u talking about 2 pages on tyhe hsc exam booklets or on a4?

no offence but 2 pages CANNOT fufil the criteria as my legal teacher says u need 2 expand and extrapolate + with two pages how can you incorporate your evaluation as well as adding in legislation and crap like that????

the best way 2 write a legal essay is choose 4 to 6 main aspects of a topic- eg. for family- single parent families, dissolution of marriage, children in trouble and same sex couples- legal essays are among the easiest for the social science subjects- history is way harder

adamj

Considering the books are 8 pages in length, a good essay would cover 8 pages if you wanted to be thorough - I suppose a good thing about Legal Studies is that essays are not as demanding as they are in subjects like english.

adamj

Each Writing booklet is made of 8 pages for legal studies and for other subjects requiring extended responses, such as english. Other subjects have four such as Software which has many short answer questions that are more frequent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)