How to? (1 Viewer)

MrA

I'm not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere, but if it has, can some1 show me where it is :D

How do u go about transferring from one uni to another...i know that u go through UAC, but is it exactly the same procedure as entering uni from high school??

i.e. just register on the UAC site and choose preferences? are there any special forms, etc that need to be filled out and is the UAC book the same as the yr12 edition?

thx

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
its the same general process as in yr 12, although i have a feeling you need to fill out an extra form, i *think* it may be that form A thingy thats provided in the guide.

MrA

hmm, ok...

does UAC automatically get ur first year results from ur uni, without u having to do anything?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
If you apply by post, you have to buy the UAC guide from newsagent (diff to a year12 one, because you need that supp form A)
UAC will get the info from your uni - provided you state all your previous tertiary studies on that from

I think 'apply-by-web', you dont need any forms, you just fill out online

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
credit avg is just for your internal transfer i believe
gotta go back through uac for the external

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
But depending on the demand for that course at USyd the credit average may still be sufficient. It usually is for most "normal" degrees, it's just the ultra-high demand ones like Commerce/Law that require perfect GPAs.

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
UAC loves transfer students. Go them charging a minimum $33 application fee.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
MrA
go to www.uac.edu.au
Click, "undergraduate study"
Click on "apply by web" on the left hand panel
Assuming you have all the unit codes with you,
follow through the next few steps in the new pop-up window box.

Then select the option "Non-year 12"
They give you a new UAC number and PIN.
Remember and use it to change you pref's in the future.

However, the cost is $35, as opposed to $16.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
as grizzly said, apply thru the web.. its much easier.. i did it last year!!
you don't have to submit any results, just indicate that you're currently in a degree at a different uni...

what and where are you planning on transferring into? and from what?

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
umm nat, from what i understand, yes you do need a credit average for an external transfer.... for some courses there might be extra criteria.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
there's no set "credit average" or whatever, the non-recent school leaver rankings are based on supply and demand, like the UAI cutoffs
just try to do the best you can, and hope your rank will be good enough for entry

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Minai said:
there's no set "credit average" or whatever, the non-recent school leaver rankings are based on supply and demand, like the UAI cutoffs
just try to do the best you can, and hope your rank will be good enough for entry
That is one of the biggest misconceptions I know of. Basically everyone I have talked to thinks that they just need a "high credit average" to transfer to anything they want:).

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Hm, I read this thread because I have similar questions to MrA, and this thread left me confused... maybe I misread something.

Does anyone know the transfer criteria to transfer from one university (say, UNE) to another uni? (say, USyd) while still doing the same course?
Are you saying a credit average will suffice?

Smurfwow

Member Assistant
HSC
Minai said:
If you apply by post, you have to buy the UAC guide from newsagent (diff to a year12 one, because you need that supp form A)
Supplementary Form A is in the year12 uac guide, page 48.5 :)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
glitter burns said:
Hm, I read this thread because I have similar questions to MrA, and this thread left me confused... maybe I misread something.

Does anyone know the transfer criteria to transfer from one university (say, UNE) to another uni? (say, USyd) while still doing the same course?
Are you saying a credit average will suffice?
The criteria, in a nutshell, is your "rank" which is dervied 50% UAI and 50% 1st Year uni results. A credit average will suffice if you have a high UAI, a credit average WONT suffice if you have a very low UAI, because when you add the UAI and credit average together, your "rank" may not be good enough against all others

Smurfwow said:
Supplementary Form A is in the year12 uac guide, page 48.5 :)
well there you go :)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
haha minai if i squint hard enough your avatar looks like you're on australian idol. :p

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Minai said:
The criteria, in a nutshell, is your "rank" which is dervied 50% UAI and 50% 1st Year uni results. A credit average will suffice if you have a high UAI, a credit average WONT suffice if you have a very low UAI, because when you add the UAI and credit average together, your "rank" may not be good enough against all others

well there you go :)

My UAI was 80, and the courses I've applied for mostly have a cut-off of about 86... would a credit be enough or do I really need to work harder to get a distinction average this semester?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)