How would you answer the Hamlet question from last year? (1 Viewer)

Bloodstriker

HSC
FORTINBRAS Let four captains
Bear Hamlet like a soldier to the stage,
For he was likely, had he been put on,
To have proved most royal; and for his passage,
The soldier’s music and the rite of war
Speak loudly for him.
Take up the bodies. Such a sight as this
Becomes the field, but here shows much amiss.
Go bid the soldiers shoot.
Exeunt marching, after the which a peal of ordnance are shot off.

In the context of your critical study, to what extent does your response to the closing scenes of
Hamlet inform your judgement of this play as a whole?

WTF would you write about?

avro

HSC
Discuss Hamlet's change over the course of the play. You know, action and inaction. How he has gone from a coward etc, to someone who is fearless and will avenge the King's death. All that sort of thing. But, that's what I'd do anyway.

Krad

HSC
If you have themes that you were were studying/planning to put in, dont abandon them. Look through the extract and find ways in which the extract reflects those ideas e.g. "Bear Hamlet like a soldier on the stage" his acting mad / actual insanity.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
In the excerpt they treat Hamlet's body as they would a noble king or solider, acting under the assumption that 'For he was likely, had he been put on, To have proved most royal'. I guess I would have discussed the role of assumptions and what cannot be proven (Claudius's murder of Hamlet's father, the reality of the king's ghost, etc.) in the play, and the ramifications of acting in accordance with one's assumptions (but then again, I haven't even done Module B yet...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)