How'd you go? (1 Viewer)

mountainman

HSC
How did everyone go in the exam? I know I said it was hard, but it turns out I got a 96 so I guess I was wrong. Any way how did you all go? Does anyone know what the top ag mark was? If so who got it?
Anyway hope you all did well.

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
wow congratz u go james ruse ???

i do ag but i dont go to james ruse...... i dunno how i could ever beat them :S and i'm fairly good at it

mountainman

HSC
No I didn't go to ruse, I was in armidale. Doing well is all down to what you enjoy, because I really enjoy ag, studying, homework etc was never a chore and I remembered it, while no matter how much I studyed for english (which I didn't) I couldn't do well. I just found it so boring and pointless, and the teacher used to make me want to throttle her...
Good luck anyway

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
I was really happy with my Ag mark even thou it didnt count.
I hated ag throughout 2 yeears of studying it, but it was compulsory for me.
I got a assessment mark of 86 but my exam was 91!!
I got 91 from 1 night of study before hand, covering the entire course!!! I gotta thank the person who marked my paper

Samisfat

Fat holmesy
HSC
i got 89 for ag which is alrite considering i did the major i thought i would get much worse! I was a bit annoyed that i was one mark off band 6 but hey thats life! congrats to everyone who did really well in ag, the only regret i have is not studying much for it i just went off my basic knowledge oh well it was my fault i was too busy working on the farm and partyin to study for HSC!!!

cherise

HSC
I too got that annoying 89! One mark off! Same for primary industries. I went off my basic knowledge but was actually happy considering I did 3 lines on an 8 mark question as I had know idea about plant hormones!!

Samisfat

Fat holmesy
HSC
cherise said:
I too got that annoying 89! One mark off! Same for primary industries. I went off my basic knowledge but was actually happy considering I did 3 lines on an 8 mark question as I had know idea about plant hormones!!
lol i so dont remember the plant hormones question was that in the second paper cos i did the major. i got 92 for primary so i was as pissed about that mark. how good is basic knowledge!!!

Samisfat

Fat holmesy
HSC
mountainman said:
How did everyone go in the exam? I know I said it was hard, but it turns out I got a 96 so I guess I was wrong. Any way how did you all go? Does anyone know what the top ag mark was? If so who got it?
Anyway hope you all did well.
well done thats awesome dont know who go the top mark prob some kid from ruse or hurlstone!

mountainman

HSC
Yeah read the SMH... top was some asian from James Ruse, infact I think there was only one Australian in the whole top few, and all bar the Australian were at Ruse too

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
The HSC is less an intelligent test and more of a a memory test, rather than studying for hours the night before if you spead it out and get good rest it'll probably do you better.

Years ago they made (and are still making) the HSC easier, and made the scaling system more prominent. People getting 80 these days are the same people who would get about 60 about 10-15 years ago.
So I have to question all this 'the state is getting better' stuff. It may well be, but the HSC is getting easier too.

Not everyone from James Ruse gets a great UAI, lots of people outside it go great as well. Gosford High, where I go to, tends to do well.

Congrats to everyone who went well and got what they wanted.

Samisfat

Fat holmesy
HSC
Yeh i dont think as a state we are gettin smarter, to test that theory we would all have to be givin the same exam. Look at my year a lot of us did really well but we are really slack n didnt really care that much whereas some years before us studied hard but still achieved the lower mark.

I know what happened to all the australians lol seriously!!! Oh well it just means austrlians arent nerds lol

cherise

HSC
Samisfat said:
lol i so dont remember the plant hormones question was that in the second paper cos i did the major. i got 92 for primary so i was as pissed about that mark. how good is basic knowledge!!!
Yep in the second paper, basic knowledge is awesome. Especially for primary industries. i dont think I ever studied for it

flier higher

HSC
N/A
mountainman said:
Yeah read the SMH... top was some asian from James Ruse, infact I think there was only one Australian in the whole top few
yeah, read the SMH; and how about learning how to spell and punctuate appropriately?

also, try seeming less curt and bigoted. the top in the state was not "some asian"; he has a name; it's James Sin. merely in order to get into JR, or any selective h.s., you need to be an Australian citizen or have a perm. res. visa ('Candidates must normally be Australian citizens or holders of a visa granting permanent resident status in Australia')
all bar the Australian were at Ruse too
so what?

Katherine M

HSC
I was really happy with my Ag mark even thou it didnt count.
I hated ag throughout 2 yeears of studying it, but it was compulsory for me.
I got a assessment mark of 86 but my exam was 91!!
I got 91 from 1 night of study before hand, covering the entire course!!! I gotta thank the person who marked my paper
then y the hell did u go 2 hurlstone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)