HSC '09- the most paranoid year. (1 Viewer)

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
we were just told we had to know everything about Hamlet.
including context
we watched heaps of movies and stuff and analysed them as well as the play.

For an assignment the question was something about how hamlet has been received over time so i analysed john marsden's version as well as the original.
How did you actually structure the essay in the HSC?

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
How did you actually structure the essay in the HSC?
errr not well

I was running out of time so I had no time to plan.

I started with my own view. that hamlet is a play of ambiguity.
then i said almereyda's film was an appealing one because....blah blah
talked about film techniques and shit which showed how gertrude was loyal at the end

with no link i then i did a bit on marsden's hamlet and said that it reinforced my idea that hamlet was not a perfect loyal hero.

conclusion was crappidy crap. a sentence on how hamlets reaction to polonius' death in marsden's confirms hamlet's imperfections and that almereyda's revealed gertrude's waverying loyalty.

5.75 pages

whaddya think?
+ thanks for your advice :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
are you stupid? wogz is my nickname if it was meant to be "wogz rule" i wouldnt have used a second zi can tell you're going to fail englishunlike me :)
Actually, Kikkoman is ranked Top 10 in English, at a Top 10 school. ;)

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
errr not well

I was running out of time so I had no time to plan.

I started with my own view. that hamlet is a play of ambiguity.
then i said almereyda's film was an appealing one because....blah blah
talked about film techniques and shit which showed how gertrude was loyal at the end

with no link i then i did a bit on marsden's hamlet and said that it reinforced my idea that hamlet was not a perfect loyal hero.

conclusion was crappidy crap. a sentence on how hamlets reaction to polonius' death in marsden's confirms hamlet's imperfections and that almereyda's revealed gertrude's waverying loyalty.

5.75 pages

whaddya think?
+ thanks for your advice :)
Seeing as I did Cloudstreet, I'm not sure that my advice is right...but are you saying you analysed three different guises of Hamlet? Like the play itself, and two film versions? ...I'm not sure if that's right. Here's how I structured my essay..a 'perspective' refers to a frame of reading a text (basically a reading- ie post-colonial, feminist...but tailored to what I thought were the basic themes that threaded through the novel) Intro --> First Perspective (Australian Identity) --> Second Perspective (Spirituality) --> Third Perspective (Family) --> Conclusion. I'm not sure that what you did is right, only because if that were the case, the idea of analysing in different contexts would have to transcend all the different prescribed texts- and Cloudstreet has only ever been a novel and a play.. Again- I might not be right- don't take my word on this stuff!

tku336

HSC
I didn't even mention critical theory, other versions, ect. That stuff is what USED to be in the exam. If you want critical theory ect, put in a 3 unit essay. I just answered the question.

cole-

HSC
N/A
screw being paranoid about text types or whatever
i don't care enough
in the paper 2 exam i jizzed during reading time.
how awesome was it.

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
Uhhh yeah they asked for ONE text instead of TWO. So what? Lol, paper 2 being the surprise. Stop trying to justify it kiddos, ain't working.
'09>'08

I'm sure you guys winged much more than we did. :uhhuh:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)