HSC 2003 CAINERS!! What is the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT tip u cud give for hsc 04? (1 Viewer)

mashi

Elite
HSC
Hi guys~ its been great seeing all u ppl FINALLY get over 13 years or schooling~
and im happy for all those who did so well ^^

anyway, besides congratulating u guys i think most of the remaining forum goers here have one thing to ask.. (ESPECIALLY if u just finished yr 11 this year)

what is the single MOST IMPORTANT tip u cud give to people doing the hsc?

mayb u can list wat u think here and help us out~ it'd b good if u put ur UAI in as well :)
oh yeh if something u wanna say is mentioned maybe u cud move on to another thing or detail it more? =D

cheers and happy partying

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
avoid the computer and tv

dont leave stuff to last minute and always be organised

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Consistency is important.

Same time and same amount of hours of study everyday.

Though of course this cannot be done everyday but the majority of the days you must be consistent.

AK Gumbi

Not a M-O-Derator
HSC
My most important tip:
If u dont do well in a couple of assessment tasks, don't worry and don't stress over it too much!!! I go to Baulko and 5 ppl got 100 this year and i did good as well (99.70). And what i have realised is that in some of the various assessment tasks given to us in year 12, some of the 100ers and myself performed quite badly (as in average performance). But we all performed really well in the 1/2 yearly and the trial exams and the HSC (well the ppl who got 100 usually were at the top in their exams).
So basically, what im trying to say, is that even ppl who get 100 aren't 'freaks'- they make mistakes during the year and may get 'bad' marks. But they make sure they do extremely well in the tasks that count the most (i.e 1/2 yearlys and Trials and obviously the HSC exams) and they learn from their mistakes.
So even if u stuff up a few assessments, don't worry, try to learn from ur mistakes, and do really well in the next one.
Hope this essay helps and Good Luck in the next year...trust me, u'll enjoy it :)

AK Gumbi

Not a M-O-Derator
HSC
Originally posted by SmokedSalmon
oh i forgot the most important thing to say... lol make sure the subjects you got scale pretty well. :)
I think its better u choose subjects that u actually like (and usually, therefore, good at) than those which scale good (also scaling is not consistant year to year anyways)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Yes it's more important to pick subjects you are good at and know will score well.

That may/maybe be something you like.

The HSC system is such that you aren't disadvantaged by doing a certain subject, you can still obtain a high UAI regardless.

Despite people saying stuff like never pick standard english because of poor scaling, always take account whether you will or will not be better off doing a subject.

Planning is important.

something

Originally posted by Ragerunner
Yes it's more important to pick subjects you are good at and know will score well.

That may/maybe be something you like.

The HSC system is such that you aren't disadvantaged by doing a certain subject, you can still obtain a high UAI regardless.

Despite people saying stuff like never pick standard english because of poor scaling, always take account whether you will or will not be better off doing a subject.

Planning is important.
highest mark was 90 in standard english. Surely this represents the poor scaling of the course.

Aaron1911

Set realistic goals firstly. Also, don't get discouraged with poor assessment marks etc and always try hard. Always make sure what you do serves a purpose (eg. many times i wanted to smash my head against the wall...but then wtf would that achieve).

bachelor

u can get millions of tips, but if u REALLY want to get good marks then YOU"LL just do it naturally, all the hard-work, consistency, study etc. will come natually.

and i guess ppl always give tips so ppl can get 100%. but if ur like me and bludged a lot, then give urself 1 week to study for each subject b4 exams, should be enough to get 80+ , hsc give urself 2 weeks lol

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Top the state in a subject. It's the best feeling ever.

This of course may (read: will) involve killing off the competition.

Edit: On second thoughts. Just work consistently, you'll get what you get.

spark

Don't do a subject you would HATE or know you will do shit in!

Nupil

HSC
N/A
My advice?

Relax. It's the one thing that'll make you realise that ... while it's important, it's not everything.

Do your exams, do all your assessments ... but don't take every mark, every test, every breath to heart as if what you do today is written in stone for tomorrow.

I don't know if my UAI is what you'd considered "cained" ... but I'm happy with it, far far from disappointed and I know it's because I stay grounded and never let anything or anyone make me feel like I was going to start drowning.

Also, don't be unrealistic. If you have too many expectations, they blow up in your face. Like I said ... staying grounded makes the whole process and the final result that much sweeter and nicer.

As for the debate on the subjects, I didn't do any extention subjects - traditionally the "harder" subjects, I did do two or three that are scaled pretty poorly buuuut because I consistently achieved decent marks in them (bar a few assessments where I failed!) you're set ... you are. Though "harder" subjects help, if you're good at them. If you know you can handle 3Unit well, then by all means continue it etc.

Bah, I don't know what your measure of caining is. Oh apart from just relaxing ... particularly before trials, maybe stress a little bit for HSC, but I stress 2 nights before exams. for about 3 hours and then I stop. *shrugs* ... but but if you do economics go tell your economics teacher to go FUCK HERSELF because she didn't think you'd do well! :D :D :D

... that was off-topic. Oh well. Good luck!

is a roflcopter
HSC
dont pass over a subject because its low scaling
at the same time dont underestimate it either

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i got a uai of 95.85~~
i think it all is hard work , consistency n motivation!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)