hsc essay (no. of topics) (1 Viewer)

indeed

HSC
Hello everyone,

For SOR 1 hsc essays, i know they can specify for you to write about one topic (e.g. significant person), and I know they've asked to write about two and three topics that you could choose out of significant person, ethics, practice. But can they specify two topics (e.g. have to do practice and ethics)?

indeed

HSC
Why not? You should be prepared for all of the topics, and if you’re really bad at one topic you can just mention it a little bit less
True, though of course I want to put less effort since it's a one unit subject to refocus effort onto other subjects and also want to maintain a balanced essay response (even distribution of content in paragraphs)

indeed

HSC
One other thing is also bridging paragraphs, I was advised to do them (connecting e.g. ethics and practice - Islam - akhira and did al-adha) and it's a bit difficult making links between e.g. a'isha and Enviro ethics

carrotsss

HSC
One other thing is also bridging paragraphs, I was advised to do them (connecting e.g. ethics and practice - Islam - akhira and did al-adha) and it's a bit difficult making links between e.g. a'isha and Enviro ethics
Generally if they specified 2 then that means that those 2 work for the question, and will link decently. I’m not too sure about Islam but I found that for Christianity it was pretty easy to link most things, you only really need to find one similarity for it to work. If you can’t find one then check out some high mark essays and just copy one of their links, there’s plenty in Notes & Resources
True, though of course I want to put less effort since it's a one unit subject to refocus effort onto other subjects and also want to maintain a balanced essay response (even distribution of content in paragraphs)
I’d say that it’s not so much about putting less effort into the subject as a whole, but rather prioritising your time to focus on your weaker topics. Tbh though sor 1 isn’t very content heavy at all. You should be able to wrap you head around the content pretty easily, it’s just a matter of writing one or two practice paragraphs for a topic and then acting on feedback, and you should be pretty alright with it.

indeed

HSC
Generally if they specified 2 then that means that those 2 work for the question, and will link decently. I’m not too sure about Islam but I found that for Christianity it was pretty easy to link most things, you only really need to find one similarity for it to work. If you can’t find one then check out some high mark essays and just copy one of their links, there’s plenty in Notes & Resources

I’d say that it’s not so much about putting less effort into the subject as a whole, but rather prioritising your time to focus on your weaker topics. Tbh though sor 1 isn’t very content heavy at all. You should be able to wrap you head around the content pretty easily, it’s just a matter of writing one or two practice paragraphs for a topic and then acting on feedback, and you should be pretty alright with it.
Yh, thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)