HSC Exam- URGENT Question! (1 Viewer)

S

Sunnykoala

hey i was wondering, do we have to only learn the HSC syllabus dot points for the HSC exam, or do we have to learn the Preliminary dot points as well??:confused:

HSC
i think some of it is sort of assumed knowledge...like all the properties of different fibres, weave structures, stuff like that.
but i think the rest of it isnt needed?
im not sure.

S

Sunnykoala

yeah i've noticed in the past papers that they ask questions on fabric properties and structures coz it's part of the hsc syllabus- where it says that we have to learn which fabrics and fibres and weaves are suitable for which end uses... but do we have to learn what the fibres look like under the microscope? coz thats only in the yr 11 syllabus.. i hate remembering that stuff.. they actually asked a question about it in the trials...

man not much time left till the exams... i also have physics on the same day as textiles and i havent finished studying for either.......
:read: :read: :read: :read: :read:

HSC
Sunnykoala said:
yeah i've noticed in the past papers that they ask questions on fabric properties and structures coz it's part of the hsc syllabus- where it says that we have to learn which fabrics and fibres and weaves are suitable for which end uses... but do we have to learn what the fibres look like under the microscope? coz thats only in the yr 11 syllabus.. i hate remembering that stuff.. they actually asked a question about it in the trials...

man not much time left till the exams... i also have physics on the same day as textiles and i havent finished studying for either.......
:read: :read: :read: :read: :read:

lol that stuff is lame...i read through it but i ihavent memorised it. the most it should come up in is multiple choice, and i doubt it'd come up in that. but thats just my opinion so i could easily be wrong.

i also have physics on the same day - its awful! cause there is soooo much to memorise for both. and i have pdh the next morning so yeah :( and i too am nowhere near finished studying for either.
im just learning as much as i can now for both of them...spending more time on physics because with textiles if you have a general understanding you can expand on it pretty easily.

goodluck!

emmmy

HSC
yer good luck everyone :)
im studying for pe today and then textiles on monday and tuesday morning.. hope thats enough time for me.. i havnt looked ay my books since the trials.. :/
what is everyones aim raw mark out of 50?
i wanna get 45+
<prayes>

HSC
i dunno, im more worried about physics because textiles im able to expand on stuff if i know the general concepts, and also this exam is only worth half our external mark :)
i dunno...i'd be very happy with 45+ but will probably get about 40+ cause of the silly timetable.
and yeah i did lots of pdh yesterday and in the hols :) now is textiles/physics cramming time!

emmmy

HSC
the elements and principles are sometimes asked in MC

lollipopxo

HSC
you need to know both preliminary and hsc. They often ask you in properties and performance questions about why is this fibre and fabric structure appropriate for this end use, and recommend a fibre and fabric structure for this end use and justify. You need to know everything, and in past papers they have given you a picture and said what is this and describe its properties which make it appropriate for this. :)

lollipopxo

HSC
so far Ive done pretty much every question from ever past paper and i haven't come across a cross section yet but i wouldn't rule it out.

princess-kat

x__miss.universe
HSC
i was wondering the same thing too ! and now it's a day before the exam so i'm cramming the hsc course syllabus into my head !
like it's not even funny how bad i think i will fail . =[
and i want to study fashion design !
ahh anyway, i think like someone mentioned, it's sort of assumed knowledge - the prelim stuff.
like its foundation content i guess & i've only notice it come up in the multiple choice or a short answer question here and there.
so i say revise the stuff you're really shaky on from prelim & then focus on hsc. maybe this is a bit late to mention lol..
best of luck !

princess-kat

x__miss.universe
HSC
oh and also, i was wondering is it a bad strategy to do japan as my cultural influence on design ?
because i get the impression that it's a common choice. all i can think is that it means i won't stand out unless my answer is superrrrr comprehensive/amazing.
anyone's advice would be appreciated ! =]

lollipopxo

HSC
i did japan as it was my actually MTP inspiration before we even got the text book and i have only ever gotten full marks on anything japanese related. So long as you fulfil the marking criteria it does not matter what culture you do. i strongly recommend doing one you know well and gives you lots of options in order to answer questions, Japan and India are the most commonly used

emmmy

HSC
i agree with lollipop. its not like in english and the common related material ususally get lower marks cause it doesnt stand out. in textiles just answer the question critera and you can get your full marks.

princess-kat

x__miss.universe
HSC
lollipopxo said:
i did japan as it was my actually MTP inspiration before we even got the text book and i have only ever gotten full marks on anything japanese related. So long as you fulfil the marking criteria it does not matter what culture you do. i strongly recommend doing one you know well and gives you lots of options in order to answer questions, Japan and India are the most commonly used
oh okay thanks guys !=] yeah i agreed with you and emmy, it's a matter of answering it well/meeting criteria. hope you guys felt you went well today !
i actually did an assignment on India during the year but it felt like forever ago and truckloads of information since then had pushed it out of my head ! So yeah, i went with Japan because I knew it pretty well from class discussion and the day before the exam and the morning of the exam i just crammed in the textile art form stuff. SOLIDDDDD work ethic here baby. lolll i'm relying on pure luck at this point to get me the marks i want = band 5/6

Sooo what did you guys think of the exam? final question of exam (q14+15 i think it is): did you guys go design or properties ??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)