HSC Exam (1 Viewer)

matthiask

HSC
So does anyone have any idears what the hsc exam is going to be about? by that i mean what texts will i need to know?

Is it every book/poster/movie/poem and other shit things they make us learn all crammed onto one 4 part exam?

Sorry that this is such a daft question but my eng teacher wasnt much help this year :burn:

Thanks guys:)

tennille

HSC
You need to now your set texts for every module as well as Area of Study. For some of your modules, you may need to write about additional texts that relate to the theme you have learnt (eg. Powerplay). I suggest you take a look at past exam papers for English here.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
well im just gona write all the BS i can muster and fail...

-P_D

matthiask

HSC
Firstly thanks alot tamora it was good of you to post that.

Secondly can anyone help me with this, Ive been going over everything and reading up on my old texts.

Was skryzneki part of yr11 or was that a 1st term of yr 12 thing?

Also, With the second exam (23rd Oct) are we going to be writing 3 separate essays on unknown questions or how do you think they will be set out?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Thanks to anyone that can help.

HSC
N/A
a) I believe it's a prescribed Eng AOS (Journeys) text :) So yes - it's definately an HSC text.

b) They may not neccessarily be essays (although it'll definately be an essay for Module B I think), but they will be unknown questions. It wouldn't be as fun if they gave you the questions in advance so you could walk in with prepared responses :p

Fast_heinz

HSC
tamorapierce13 said:
2) Creative piece using stimulus provided. They'll give you a quote, picture, extract etc and you will need to write a creative piece in response. This MUST be linked back to your journey (Inner, Imaginative, Physical). It can be a story, a series of journal entries, etc. Most popular would be a story.
I thought the creative piece responded to the concept of the journey in general, not any particular type(inner, imag., physical)

HSC
N/A
They'll provide you with an unseen stimulus text for the creative writing piece in the Eng AOS paper :)

daniel.b.

HSC
N/A
tamorapierce13 said:
The first exam (20th October) will cover the common Standard/Advanced paper and is comprised of three sections:

1) An unknown text. This will most likely be comprehension tasks, i.e. identify and name techniques and their effects, compare/contrast excerpts, etc.

2) Creative piece using stimulus provided. They'll give you a quote, picture, extract etc and you will need to write a creative piece in response. This MUST be linked back to your journey (Inner, Imaginative, Physical). It can be a story, a series of journal entries, etc. Most popular would be a story.

3) Area of Study. Within the Area of Study you will need to refer to 1 text from the Stimulus Booklet (i.e. Road Not Taken, Ivory Trail, Wind In The Willows etc), a prescribed text about your journey (whether that is Inner, Imaginative, Physical; i.e. The Tempest, Skrzynecki Poems, Ken Watson poems, etc) and at least 2 related texts of your own (also relating back to your journey).

The second exam (23rd October) will also be comprised of 3 parts:

1) Module A: Comparative Study of Texts and Context. In The Wild or Transformations, i.e. Bladerunner/Brave New World, Emma/Clueless, Hamlet/Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead, Malouf/Wordsmith Poems, etc.

2) Module B: Critical Study of Texts i.e. King Lear, Gwen Harwood Poems, Cloudstreet, Yeats Poems, Citizen Kane, Selected Speeches, etc.

3) Module C: Representation And Text. Telling The Truth, Powerplay, History and Memory i.e. Frontline, Ted Hughes, 1984/Anthony & Cleopatra, Memento, etc.

Obviously you will only need to be doing one text from each of the modules in the 2nd paper, and only one type of journey. Any of this ringing a bell?

Good luck!
lady, u dont know how much u just helped me
thank you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)