HSC French Speaking (1 Viewer)

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
Hi
Just recieved notice of my speaking exam. Does everyone in Sydney go to the same place?
Mine is at 11 at Ravenswood School For Girls at Gordon. Anyone have any idea where that is?

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Ugh. I still haven't received mine yet. I went to the staffroom today and there was noone there. Bugger it, I'll email my teacher now. Isn't it only two weeks away?

Ravenswood... I've heard of it. I have absolutely no idea where it is though...

kini mini

HSC
I had my 2u and 3u speaking exams there :)

It's in Gordon, a short walk from Gordon station. Check your street directory for details. The school has quite a large campus, so you may want to leave yourself some time to find the room. All students from your school are assigned the same location I think, so go with your friends and have a look! In 2002, students had to go to the main hall for registration. We were then taken to the music rooms for the actual test. Go early and register because they will call you in order of registration!

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
Hi
Just recieved notice of my speaking exam. Does everyone in Sydney go to the same place?
Mine is at 11 at Ravenswood School For Girls at Gordon. Anyone have any idea where that is?
Mine's at Ravenswood too, though at 9 am. Man I'll sleep in...too early for a Saturday...

Basically you come out of Gordon station, turn left and walk down for 5-10 minutes and you're there, you can't miss it.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
SO there's no set order, sort of like first in best dressed? (you know what i mean). And Hippy La-Laa the notification gets mailed out to you at your house. the teacher won't get it. Yes it's two weeks away, on Saturday the 28th. If you didn't get your notification in the mail today you should get it on monday.

Whoa... that school is absolutely massive!!! there's a virtual tour on their website!!!

Last edited:
NOOO!!! I havnt got mine yet and I'm starting to get pissed off.
If they do it based on geography hopefully Ill be there at Ravenswood. Last year someone I knew had to go to Newtown to do theirs though...

Just found letter!! Yay!
Im at 11am for 2unit and 9am for extension at Ravenswood. Lol I shouldnt be so exicted

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
OK so seems everyone so far is there. Anyone know what it's near? (Gordon that is). Wow so when i start talking to random people on the day it could be you guys. Actually i think i'll be too scared of what's coming up to talk to people lol.
this will prob be me in the exam...
"Salut, comment ca va?"
"Euuuuggghh... j'ai peur! *bursts into tears* or maybe *totally freezes*"
I totally screwed up my trials speaking which i had today... i said i had a 3 metre pool and that my house was "plus petit avec 5 salles, un salle de bain, la cuisine, un salle de famille..." oops. i meant assez petit, but that's not what i said. Yep, i screwed that. Hopefully i won't get band 1...

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
Wow so when i start talking to random people on the day it could be you guys. Actually i think i'll be too scared of what's coming up to talk to people lol.
Oui peut-être ce sera quelqu'un de BOS! Ooh...I learnt a phrase a few weeks ago about expressing fear

Me in Oral exam -------> Je serai muette de terreur.

tomorrows_angel said:
I totally screwed up my trials speaking which i had today... i said i had a 3 metre pool and that my house was "plus petit avec 5 salles, un salle de bain, la cuisine, un salle de famille..."
Dw. The exact same thing happened with me. For some bizarre, unknown reason I started talking about how my Mum and I both like listenting to E.L.O (Electric Light Orchestra- obscure band from the 70's). I got so tongue-tied trying to explain it to the teacher who had no idea what I was on about and then I started correcting myself in english!

OH, mon dieu! :eek:

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
Hippy La-Laa said:
Oui peut-être ce sera quelqu'un de BOS! Ooh...I learnt a phrase a few weeks ago about expressing fear

Me in Oral exam -------> Je serai muette de terreur.

Dw. The exact same thing happened with me. For some bizarre, unknown reason I started talking about how my Mum and I both like listenting to E.L.O (Electric Light Orchestra- obscure band from the 70's). I got so tongue-tied trying to explain it to the teacher who had no idea what I was on about and then I started correcting myself in english!

OH, mon dieu! :eek:
what is muette?? and you could figure out how to talk about an obscure band in french?? my french isn't very good... Not like you people... mine is really simple, i can't figure out even the most basic tenses.

hang on is muette like mute? dumb with terror?(as in unable to talk?) yep... that'll be me alright...

chepas

HSC
[Rant]
WHAT THE HELL??!?!?!?

I have TWO sets of notices for the exams. That's right, TWO... one that I got my supervisor thing at school to ring BOS and they faxed letters to me cos i was getting concerned, two days later, I finally get the damn things in the mail, ANOTHER set? And what's even funnier - for the continuers, the two notices have two diff venues!!!!!! Maybe i get this cos the I have been registered as someone from Open High School, as well as someone from my home school. This is so argh. (I would prefer to go to Newtown. SOOO much easier to get to!). The other place is James Cook High in Kogarah... Meaning 5.30am wake up cos i am not trusting City Rail. What the. Or maybe I should go to both and have to goes lol...

[/Rant]

For 3U I've got to go to Gordon.

Last edited:

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
seems like you got seriously screwed... i thought most people who did both 2 and 3 unit had the same venue. The girl from my school who does extension has it at 9 and 2 unit at 11 both at Gordon.

How are you sposed to get from one place to the other?? Maybe you should call them.. it says if you have any questions to call them, otherwise you might turn up at the wrong place. (not to laugh at your expense, but that would be really funny...)
sorry!

chepas

HSC
Lol it's cool. I'm sorta weirded out but yeah.. I'm just praying that I don't have to go all the way to Kogarah. Sort of a blessing.

Wonder if people would answer phones on weekends....

How do they decide where to send people? Anyone know?

What really sucks is that the examination dates are on the same date as the uni open days!
I went to USYD and UTS open days last year so I wont go again Ill just come home from the continuers exam. But I didnt go to UNSW, which is on the same day as extension, so hopefully the exam will end early so I can still go down there.
Oh btw, is there ample parking at Ravenswood coz I don't wanna get a train... way to unreliable.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
CityRail is a heap of crap. :vcross: It took me 2 hours to get from Asquith to Normanhurst (which is only two stops away) because with the new timetable none of the trains connect anymore.

I think I'll be getting Mum to drive me to Ravenswood No way that i'm gonna trust CityRail to get me there on time.

chepas

HSC
God I wish I drove... or parents drove... :angry:...

Two hoursf from Asq to Normanhurst is insane. I'm planning for the trains to get me th ere about an hour before so I have 'some' leeway. but seeing how it's going I think I'll give it 2.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
Hmmm i think the train would be more reliable that trusting my mother to get me there in time... she could get lost in a paper bag with a map. Maybe i'll ask my father... though the nearest train station's almost an hour away from me so it'd be easier to drive. As long as there is parking.

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
Hello Hello. Yes the gayness is astounding.

chepas said:
How do they decide where to send people? Anyone know?
I think they choose your location according to your school. E.g. everyone at North Sydney has to go to Ravenswood regardless of whether we live in Penrith or Maroubra or Narrabeen etc.

Nevertheless I always use this thing to find alternative ways of public transport. try it.

http://www.131500.info/newJourney.asp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)