Hsc.. is it that important (1 Viewer)

liam_1234

HSC
N/A
Is everyone worried about the HSC...... I have already been accepted into uni for next year and my uai will be like low 60.. the uni course does not give a shit about the uai u just have to finish year 12.... that shows that universitys dont really care much about the marks its just about getting there money....

liam_1234

HSC
N/A
Is everyone worried about the HSC...... I have already been accepted into uni for next year and my uai will be like low 60.. the uni course does not give a shit about the uai u just have to finish year 12.... that shows that universitys dont really care much about the marks its just about getting there money.... You can even go to uni when your a mature student, you dont need a uai for that...

tennille

HSC
True...there are fee-paying places as well. This would have been good in one of the stickied threads.

madmanjd

HSC
some courses are hell expensive. most of my friends are going into the ones that require uai's of 90+
work a little harder now, work a little less, save a bit later.
but yeah its mostly interviews and aptitude tests, its the propaganda and parent's stubborness putting lotsa pressure on us to do well...

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Theres life after the HSC
Its not the end of the world.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
liam_1234 said:
Is everyone worried about the HSC...... I have already been accepted into uni for next year and my uai will be like low 60.. the uni course does not give a shit about the uai u just have to finish year 12.... that shows that universitys dont really care much about the marks its just about getting there money.... You can even go to uni when your a mature student, you dont need a uai for that...
They accept people who can't distinguish between "their" and "there", or "you're" and "your"? :rolleyes:

For most, the HSC is of some importance, especially when they don't have the money to pay for uni with a low UAI. For people who want scholarships, the UAI is even more important.

But I agree that it isn't the end of the world, and it isn't a necessity. Even with scholarships, your school contributions and extracurricular activities influence your application more than a number.

fakingtheday

HSC
Look, the HSC is a game, play by the rules and you'll do well* and let's face it what the fuck else are you gonna do? Brother gotta pass the time somehow.

*quote Gordo.

liam_1234

HSC
N/A
madmanjd said:
some courses are hell expensive. most of my friends are going into the ones that require uai's of 90+
work a little harder now, work a little less, save a bit later.
but yeah its mostly interviews and aptitude tests, its the propaganda and parent's stubborness putting lotsa pressure on us to do well...
The thing is now that u can get fee help from the government even in a fee paying course..

Scanorama

HSC
Once you get into Uni, Tafe next year, you will see how overrate the whole HSC-UAI thing is

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
yeh, but i'd like to see any of you people doing the hsc right now saying that the hsc isn't important and its not important and just not study etc, half the people on bos wouldn't.. i know i wouldn't.

tennille

HSC
sunjet said:
yeh, but i'd like to see any of you people doing the hsc right now saying that the hsc isn't important and its not important and just not study etc, half the people on bos wouldn't.. i know i wouldn't.
Of course it is important... I thought that when I did it. But, if you go terribly in it, there are other pathways.

liam_1234

HSC
N/A
sunjet said:
I am doing my HSC ... and think its important.. but 13 years of schooling and only one counting is bullshit... what if the other 12 years u went good and then u just stuffed up the last year

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
It's only important if you make it. Different people= different life outlooks.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
i have maths ext on tues
i dun wanna go
it wont even count for me
im gonna go there and do 4 questions and go to sleep

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
It became a little more important when my course jumped from needing 80 to needing 90. :p

Not too much more, mind you.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
See, Mr Joe, I'm rather against this opinion.

If you keep thinking there's a life after the HSC you set yourself up to fail you expectations.

boogerman3000

HSC
HSC smaychessie. meh. not the end of the world. try youre best and no matter what your mark may be you know that you deserved it. stop looking at things so conservitavely and just go with the flow. may the forks be with you...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)