HSC marking - how did past high achieving students answer questions (1 Viewer)

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, I have heard that HSC marking for chemistry and physics is quite harsh such as a 93 raw will get you a state rank in both. So I was wondering if there any past band 6 students here, how did you approach or answer questions such as did you use diagrams, tables for comparisons, putting chemical equations whenever you could, writing over the lines and putting in some information beyond the syllabus, etc. just curious because I am currently receiving high internal marks of 99 in trial 1 for my school with 97 being 2nd and 89 as third and 93 for cssa with 2nd being 86 (both externally marked), but wanting to know what past students who achieved high did in their responses to know if I'm on the right track for a high band 6 for physics and chemistry. Thanks

aimpacc

HSC
yes gotta use diagrams and shit. when u write equations, remember to include states in chem . YOU HAVE TO WRITE THE STATES. no you dont need stuff beyond syllabus, just answer the question.

ask yourself: if im the examiner, what would i want in a full mark answer?
after writing your answer, read the question again and see if youve answered what they are actually asking.

with your marks i dont think you need much help . pls

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)