HSC Music Perf - How Did You Go? (1 Viewer)

JhK89

HSC
Hey im in the school library atm...

just did my HSC perf. today..

i rekon i screwed it up how did everyone else go..?

btw im doing music 1

Blake R-H

HSC
Re: HSC Music Perf.

i was happy with my performance... could have done alot better, but the performance i did was still quite good :)

music 2 + ext, all performance. 2 units of the HSC done :D

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC

Blake R-H said:
i was happy with my performance... could have done alot better, but the performance i did was still quite good :)

music 2 + ext, all performance. 2 units of the HSC done :D
how good does it feel.

I remember when I met up with friends after that and told them I just finished part of my HSC they were like "what?" and I explained it was music and they go "oh yeah but that's music."

Like music doesn't count :/

Blake R-H

HSC
luckily, most my friends are at least partially musical, so they understand.

my dad on the other hand, i dont think he gets it lol...
i missed a note on the trumpet for the performance we did for parents (for people that know more specifics about brass, it was in rhapsody in blue, and was a jump from a low B (below stave) to a high B (above the stave); and i didnt nail the top B)... so dad said something along the lines of you wont get a career in music if you miss notes like that... o.0 lol

btw, what is like to get in to jazz performance at the con? anyone know? practical and theory levels that should be expected.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I.
Have.
No.
Idea. when it comes to Jazz, those jazz guys (oh yeah, they all seem to be guys and good looking ones) seem to keep to keep to themselves at times?

I know for a good fact that it is VERY competitive. They work a lot on scales because I remember my friend stressing out about it when he wanted to transfer.

Oh, if you can't get into Jazz, its pretty easy to transfer.

I'll look it up, but long story short, prac and theory levels are probably pretty high.

bonnie04

HSC
eeee got my performances on friday. strangely i'm not nervous, i'm more or less excited to get it out of the way.

and ur_inner_child; yeah people seem to think "ooohh but it's music..." it frustrates me so much. :( as if it's some piss easy subject.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Isn't that the most annoying thing when people totally write off the Creative arts subjects?! I got the exact same thing with Music and Dance.
They were like 'What? You've done your hsc? Huh?" hahaha. So dumb.

ANYHOW,

Well done guys. It's over! Congrats to you all. =)

- - - - -

Jazz performance the hardest to get into course at the con. Apparantly. xD That's what the Dean said. Or something like that.
(The dean is pretty crappy though, so.. Pft xD)

Addictd2

HSC
mine was ok. i dont think i have very good tone or expression. and i think i went flat heaps too. and my viva sucked!

JhK89

HSC

ur_inner_child said:
How'd you *screw up*?
my pianist sorta screwed up because of page turns... and i had to wait for his que in and i was like wtf...? and then we got all over the place for one or two bars then we got it back together....

do u think i could apply for that thingy..? forgot wat it was..

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Bunny04 said:
Jazz performance the hardest to get into course at the con. Apparantly. xD That's what the Dean said. Or something like that.
(The dean is pretty crappy though, so.. Pft xD)
Little off topic, but the new dean is absolutely fantastic compared to the old one...

Bexta12

HSC
I had my performance this morn!
I think i did well...it was the defs the best ive ever played and it was the first time that my chops didnt give in throughout my whole program!
I only messed up a couple of times but i think my accompanist managed to cover me!
I play eupho and do music 1 btw

calvintanikaya

HSC
i've done my performance on wednesday and it went okay. anyway, when will u guys know the result? and how was the judges? in my school, they just went "thank you" "thank you" and "thank you" with no other comments. well.. one of the judges did say "all the best" after the performance though...

Last edited:

AmenoKitarou

HSC
I did mine this monday~
Music 2, plus handed in my Ext composition~!!!

Music 2 performance, sighhhh I couldn't have done ANY better than what I did on monday. It was by far my best performance i've ever done. So happy!!!

((bron))

HSC
i have mine on Tuesday.
I did my trials for my teacher on Wednesday and she said I woul dget 18 and 19's for my performance... AND I had a bad cold at the time.
I am pumped! :)

bonnie04

HSC
mine went pretty good, but not as good as i could have gone. it was very very strange, the whole atmosphere and feelings on friday. when i was about to go in, i was only thinking about the first piece i was doing with my quartet, and ignored the other three in my head. then when i went in and was about to start, i was thinking "ahhhhhh shitee, i have to do all four now!" then i was asking myself all these stupid questions like "do i need my music? where is it?" when i was doing my pieces from memory. so i was thrown off because i was just... in the wrong state of mind.

also when i was playing, i couldn't focus! like half way through my first piece, i was thinking to myself, "hmmm, i haven't eaten all day :O... wait, i have twisties in my bag :)" and just generally stupid things like that... and that's the first time i have ever lost focus while i was playing. it was a strange experience. and it wasn't nerves or anything, i was actually excited about the exam and all... hmmm...

by the way; violin, and music 1 (didn't do the others because i would have to do 2 and ext by correspondence and i'm lazy :p)

Daih

HSC
I'm really dissapointed with mine, the wrost I've ever played my first piece (all three were on piano) and that was my strongest (Rach's Prelude in C# minor). And my sight singing was terrible, they wouldn't let me change the key?? I thought I could, and it was out of my range (I'm a horrible singer).

I got so down afterward and it just feels so unfair that I screwed up in the most important performance, I did good in my trials. But they don't end up counting because I'm the only student doing music 2 so my rank is useless.

SamTan*06*

All alone in a memory! I was beautiful theeeen....
HSC
I did mine on wednesday...I was really pleased ::)

I do music 1 as well.

The only piece I stuffed up on was my classical style piece. I sing, and because I have a naturally low voice, high notes sometimes aren't as strong as my other notes, especially if i'm nervous.....

But my accompanest was really good and he helped cover up a few mistakes.

hula girl

HSC
ohhh i don't think i went too badly (haha a bit late i realise)
i didn't fuck anything up, which was nice :) haha

it was such an anticlimax though...
we walked out and thought "oh... right.. thats it then.."
i hope i went alright

its so strange playing to a table of deadpans faces though.
we're all so used to playing gigs with dancing, drunk audiences, or school shows full of appreciative parents and kids.
2 stony faces is hardly inspiring... but i had fun anyway!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)