HSC paper practically identical to Catholic Trial (1 Viewer)

Caratacus

HSC
N/A
Many of the questions are very similar or identical: eg

Catholic Trial

Question 12
Option L – Rome: Agrippina II

(a) Outline the factors which contributed to Agrippina II’s rise to prominence. (5 marks)

(b) Explain Agrippina II’s relationships with Seneca, Burrus and imperial freedmen. (10 marks)

(c) With reference to sources, assess the influence of Agrippina II in her lifetime and beyond. (10 marks)

Today's exam:

Question 12
Option L – Rome: Agrippina II

(a) Briefly outline Agrippina II’s rise to prominence. (5 marks)

(b) Explain Agrippina II’s relationships with Seneca, Burrus and imperial freedmen. (10 marks)

(c) With reference to sources, assess the influence of Agrippina II in her lifetime. (10 marks)

There are many more, especially in Personalities section.

Last edited:

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I agree. noticed that. I did a practice paper for agrippina and then sat the HSC exam and was like .... huh?

launcher169

Lord of Chaos
HSC
the Augustus and the Julio Claudian questions were quite familiar...
like:

Assess the contibutions and impact of Tiberius as princeps?

and i was going Hey! i did a plan for that essay question yesterday! :D

Senator04

HSC
N/A
Hehe I know I got 25/25 in the trial, and I read my response and wrote fairly similar things. So here's hoping.

Miss_Mirage86

Full-Time Princess
HSC
I didnt notice the questions were similar for personality at all until i got out of the exam n someone told me. But i feel more confident with the hsc exam than i did the trial, and the trial i didnt go great guns in that section. So i think thats a good thing.

chocc0

HSC
How good was the agrippina question being the same as the trial! That was fantasic! i did better in the HSC i think coz i actually studied

Gemstone

Oh yeah the first Hatshepsut question was the same and I got full marks for that and I read that before I went in and I wrote much the same thing and added to it.

Plus one of my historical period questions I got the same as in the trial and I fixed all the mistakes I made in that so hopefully I'll do well.

Well I guess the Catholic trial just has good guessing I suppose. It was heaps good and made me feel a lot better.

~ Gemma

persephone

HSC
the personality question was practically the same. i was so happy when i saw that. everyone in the exam room was looking around thinking "omg, i so did this before"

Caratacus

HSC
N/A
I think they fluked it. The words in the similar questions are lifted straight out of the syllabus. They've just been lazy and haven't changed the words. Like the syllabus says X's "rise to prominece" so they just cut and pasted that.

rebooki

HSC
N/A
ggrrrr thats massively unfair for those who didn't do the Catholic paper...
Meh what can we do now...

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
What can you do? I did the catholic trial, but I agree to the disadvantage. But What can be done? They cant make us all do it again can they? (plz plz no.. I fluked it).

[caity]

i dont kno if ne1 else read but in the newspaper they took peoples comments from this forum on ancient history n accused board of studies for having similar questions to the catholic trial........sooo now they probably going to mark us harder thanks to everyones complaints. I didnt do the catholic trial n i dont give a crap if the others did n the hsc paper was similar who cares we all studied the same information you should already know the answers...yeah slight disadvantage but who cares really your just going to annoy yourselves about it if you keep complaining, apart from the fact they going to mark harder now so think about your marks

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Yeah true that... We still all prepared the same not knowing what was going to be on the paper. But just hang on a sec, why would they mark harder? Wouldnt that disadvantage even more?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)