Hsc Units (1 Viewer)

Husky

HSC
So I did an accelerated year 11, did physics, maths and English last year, this year I’m doing extension 1 and 2 maths, chemistry, biology and hospitality.
By my understanding I’ve done 6 units last year and I’m doing 10 units this year (not sure if that’s correct). Anyway since 3u and 4u make up four units, I was wondering what the maths extension 1 and 2 extra units cancel?
Would 2 of those units cancel advanced maths and one other subject OR would adv maths get completely ignored and hence would ext1 and 2 just cancel out 2 (4 units) of my worst subjects not including adv maths?

ultra908

HSC
i assume this is for the 10 units that count towards your atar.
If you do maths ext2, maths advanced never counts towards the atar. Instead, they count maths ext1 and maths ext2 as both 2 unit courses. Therefore, you still have an overall 16 units. Then they take the 10 best units, including 2 units of english. i.e 6 units dont count (in this calculation maths adv doesnt exist anymore, ext1 and ext2 both count for 2 units)

Also thats alot of units!

Husky

HSC
i assume this is for the 10 units that count towards your atar.
If you do maths ext2, maths advanced never counts towards the atar. Instead, they count maths ext1 and maths ext2 as both 2 unit courses. Therefore, you still have an overall 16 units. Then they take the 10 best units, including 2 units of english. i.e 6 units dont count (in this calculation maths adv doesnt exist anymore, ext1 and ext2 both count for 2 units)

Also thats alot of units!
Ahhh know it’s way too many units, wish I could drop some of them but because I did an accelerated course my school won’t let me. But thanks for the info, you def cleared up any confusion I was having about the situation ☺

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)