Hsty1088 (1 Viewer)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
I'm not minding it so far. Although it's looking like there won't be a WebCT site (unless uni IT are even more incompetent than anyone imagined), which will make it a bitch to revise for given my shitty note-taking skills and his absurdly content-packed lectures.

I believe Jemima is doing all the Thursday tutes and someone else is doing all the Wednesday tutes. (I have Jemima and am a bit freaked out by her carrot/stick reading discipline program or whatever she calls it. But she seems reasonably cool.)

KarmaKitten

HSC
Yeah, although I am enjoying his style of lecturing.
Facts followed up with quotes etc.

As for Jemima, I agree. She is just..wow. I can definately tell that tutorial participation is a definate must in her class. But im looking forward too it.

You do ALL my subjects

Shaking Paper

HSC
Alex Roberts does at least some of the Wednesday tutes.
She sounded like she had about as much of an idea what she was doing there as we did.. seeming very, very bored, or hungover, or both.
I think it's going to be another unit where the silence is thick enough to cut with a rolling pin.

WebCT is looking unlikely, huh... guess i'll have to improve my note taking skills. Has anyone been stuck near people who talk throughout the lecture? Almost drove me crazy on Wednesday. That's the only problem with the larger lecture rooms.... we have a nice one though.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Apparently the lecturer in GEOS1003 has said that there'll be a WebCT site, but it's not up yet. So maybe it's just that uni IT are more incompetent than anyone imagined. Someone asked Jemima about it in my tute, but from the way she stumbled around the answer it looked to me like she didn't actually know either.

Help me pick an essay question. I'm tossing up between 3, 5, 9, 12, 13 and 14. (Will the sign-up sheets be up tomorrow?)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Ended up picking the stolen generation one. 'Were early policies of Aboriginal child removal in Australia motivated by social concerns about childhood or specifically racial prejudice?' Hopefully it shouldn't be too difficult.

How's your primary source exercise going?

KarmaKitten

HSC
Not starting that till tomorrow till I finish this hsty1034 one. Which should be finished by tonight and then ill start the 1088 assignment.

But I've researched quite a bit for the australian history short assignment last week, i just need some more information on the actual editor and newspaper.

as for the essay question, i picked the same question as you.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Woo, assignment done and handed in. And only about a dozen people pitched for the tute today, it was weird. Maybe everyone dropped the subject or something.

KarmaKitten

HSC
I dont see why they would.
Its such an easy subject and im really really liking it.

Its time to begin the major essays though, well hsty1034 first.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Bleh. I need to start my ANHS essay first, it's due in a few weeks. All my other essays are due after the break, which is a relief.

What did you think of the guest lecture about religion?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Woo, 87% in my bibliographic assignment. Shame it's barely worth anything. How did yours go?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)