Htshepsuts greatest achievements? (1 Viewer)

XIcreatediscoX

HSC
So i've been asked to describe and explain 2 of Hatshepsuts greatest achievements, and i was wondering if someone had a brief explination of her achievements. I have already written a page on her expedition to punt (i put in a bit of context and why she did it - will that gain more marks?) any help will be greatly appreciated! :lol:

Becky222

Hmm..
HSC
Hatshepsut had so many achievements. Punt is definitely a very important one and its important that you tie in context as well e.g. Amun's role in it. It also proved her success and strength as a pharaoh hence why she publicized it so much. I'm pretty sure there is an entire wall of deir el bahri dedicated to it. The army also played an important role in the expedition (seen on the walls of DEB) which proves her as a warrior pharaoh. The fact that the kings of foreign lands recognised her as pharaoh. Ahh there is just so much that goes to show why it is one of her greatest achievements. I guess it all boils down to the most important point that through this achievement she was able to be a female ruler and achieve feats never undertaken before.

In terms of other achievements i would definitely discuss her building program because again there is just so much to talk about. They prove the prosperity, her strength as ruler etc. Importantly they show that there was no external threat to Egypt at the time because internal development is not possible when the country is under threat.

Hope this helps/makes sense :)

sarah_cross

HSC
make sure u make references to sources (her mortuary temple, red chapel, ineni's tomb, and all the other ones that make reference to the achievements that hatshepsut has achieved).. that will deff make your marks better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)