Human Coloning (1 Viewer)

cerebrum

HSC
Human cloning

Does anyone oppose cloning, with humans as the subject? Although we have successfully cloned a cat and are well on the way to cloning canines, the idea of cloning humans is both objected and accepted. Whats your opinion?

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
In general i am against this. While it may have its benefits in medicine and the like, i dotn think it should be allowed at all. Once something like this gets into the wrong hands, it can be used for things which are not necessary and morally wrong, so it would be better to remove the problem before it starts.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
cerebrum said:
Does anyone oppose cloning, with humans as the subject? Although we have successfully cloned a cat and are well on the way to cloning canines, the idea of cloning humans is both objected and accepted. Whats your opinion?
i dont think there is a need, yeh so we can possibly do it. we rule
what good can come of cloning?

cerebrum

HSC
I agree. Although I am not strongly against the idea of human cloning, I believe if we ever do successfuly clone a human, the cloned being may not recieve equal rights and be put under pressure for their differences.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Riddles said:
i agree and disagree with the idea. i agree because they can be used for medical needs (like for transplants and stuff) and i disagree because i feel it's against human rights and shit like that
medical needs? what are you going to clone a person then let them mature so their organs are fully developed and then take their organs from them???
thats wrong on so many levels

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i oppose cloning for cloning's sake.

i don't agree with the idea of cloning a whole person, but i do think that we should be able to clone a person's organs for transplant purposes. This doesn't replace normal transplants for people who are born with problems, but say for a person who damages their kidneys in an accident, or whatever, and they are given a copy of their original kidney again.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
cerebrum said:
So does the benefits of human cloning overule the other issues arising from human cloning?
at the moment, there are more issues than benefits.
Maybe when they've completely refined the processes and have no problems (think aging dolly the sheep) with other creatures, then they can progress. But at the moment it's still a bit hit-and-miss, and should not be used on humans.

cerebrum

HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
i oppose cloning for cloning's sake.

i don't agree with the idea of cloning a whole person, but i do think that we should be able to clone a person's organs for transplant purposes. This doesn't replace normal transplants for people who are born with problems, but say for a person who damages their kidneys in an accident, or whatever, and they are given a copy of their original kidney again.
we're going to have to develop a way to integrate the tissues onto the person. However by the time we discovered how to clone people we should discover how to perform precise and almost flawless results.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
No. There is no reason to clone a human apart from organ harvesting, and to create a person for that purpose is completely unethical.

K

katie_tully

On the same topic somewhat;

"Infertile? Try stem cell sex"

Apparently they're a step away from being able to create sperm and eggs artificially Embryonic stem cells from male embryos are being converted into eggs.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Science always wins.
The Government can slow it down, religious/ethical groups can hold it back, but in the end significant scientific developments are unstoppable.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i'm against it, even for cats and stuff. its just wrong. seriously, what do we really achieve by being able to make more cats/sheep/people, even if they are identical (wow...not). having sex will give you more people, and its a lot more fun than slaving in a lab with cells. besides, if the only reason we clone is for our own selfish purposes then it is not worth it. so what, a few people might die because we dont clone them. its not a big deal when you compare it to possibly ruining somebody's entire life by using this sick technology.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It fits in with genetic modification, designer babies etc. The new master race.
Being downsized to pet status wont be so bad. No responsibility apart from not widdling on the carpet. I can generally deal with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)