Hypothetical:Rank and UAI (1 Viewer)

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Considering my rather average ranks, is it still possible to obtain a high uai relying on my performance in the hsc exam?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Depends on the rest of the people.

If you are averagely ranked in a good school then it shouldn't be hard getting a high uai.

On the other hand, if you ranked average on a pathetic school, its harder to redeem yourself with those poor marks.

Thats what i find being the only reason how a school affects you.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Hmmm, ive ranking in the middle or a decent 3u class, and last in a 4u class (maths) its a good->very good class, second an ok sdd class, middle of decent chem class and middle of a good adv eng class, not very accurate hehe.

[ good > decent > ok ]

Last edited:

D_E_A

What if....

Hey if what does a UAI look like 4 these results in the HSC:
Phys:65
Chem:65
IPT:90
English Adv:90
Maths 2u: 65

Just an estimate?:D

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I shoved that into my UAISeeker. The only difference your subjects to mine is i do SDD instead of IPT.

The result is a 83.50

I suggest you purcahse the UAISeeker so you can play around with marks/percentiles to get a better estimate.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
I have uaiseeker, but considering my ranks, im not sure how close it will be to actual uai.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by enak
Considering my rather average ranks, is it still possible to obtain a high uai relying on my performance in the hsc exam?
In general, yes. I was ranked averagely in an average selective high school, and managed to beat people ranked higher than me in most of my subjects. If everyone does well (specifically those ranked higher than u) in the exam - but u do better, you'll do very well.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear :), btw, is there anyway to study for english other than writing lots of essays after you have learned the content?

Line|z0r

Hey if what does a UAI look like 4 these results in the HSC:
Phys:65
Chem:65
IPT:90
English Adv:90
Maths 2u: 65

here u go DEA
Just an estimate

2002 UAI: 80.50
Made using...ahem, special UAI calculator at skool

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Line|z0r

Made using...ahem, special UAI calculator at skool
Line|z0r
Can you put these in

Chem: 80
Adv Eng: 85
Sdd: 90
3u Maths: 85
4u Maths: 85

from your school calc.

simmmo

hey

im at hornsby tafe, doing my subjects over two years. last year i did english std, foe which i got a mark of 77 for, economics 89, 2u maths 95 and 3u maths 44/50. then this year doing md hist, i estimate 90, and sdd about 82. could anyone tell me what this is likely to get? thanks :)

simmmo

proabbyl could. thing is the teacher is crap and doesnt know much, he's marked everuthing really generously, one guys had open book every sngle exam. he evn gave us 2.5 extra marks for no reason. anyway i came first, but sorry in class atm and the teacher has taken control of my comp. ill reply again in 20 mins :)

simmmo

yeah teacher was generous so i have no idea what ill get. i could probably get around 85-90 if i studied really hard...

does the rank matter much at all to the UAI? i don think it does does it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)