I don't understand all this ranking business (1 Viewer)

tranx

HSC
Please someone explain, I'm quite slow.
Ranking is basically your rank in a class and post HSC rank in the state. The greater your ranking the more dominence and bragging rights you have over your class. BTW if you rank first pre-HSC you will basically dictate the marks the class gets so hope whoever comes first is either asian or a nerd. lol jks (but seriously hope there consistantly good) =P

imZerroo

HSC
Sorry, I heard that the person who comes 1st in the school gets the top mark in HSC from that school, regardless of who got that mark.

Is that true? and could you elaborate a little on what you mean by bragging rights etc. in your previous post?

Thankyou :]

failwhale

HSC
Sorry, I heard that the person who comes 1st in the school gets the top mark in HSC from that school, regardless of who got that mark.

Is that true? and could you elaborate a little on what you mean by bragging rights etc. in your previous post?

Thankyou :]
yeah a person that comes first in assessment rank for that subject obtains the highest external mark produced.

imZerroo

HSC
Wow, that's unfair :(

What if you come 2nd, 3rd or anywhere close to 1st? Do you get any privileges?

imZerroo

HSC
Woah? So, if I come second or whatever and go crap in the HSC, I will still get the second highest mark in the HSC??

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Woah? So, if I come second or whatever and go crap in the HSC, I will still get the second highest mark in the HSC??

Dude, if you come second (internally), then come 1st in the externals. Then the mark you attain in the externals will be given to the person (internally 1st) as their internal mark.

I think the system is wrong, it allows for people to become complacent, and doesn't reward the people that actually work their socks off to attain a good mark in the HSC externals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)