I feel like I did really bad.. (1 Viewer)

Osborn

HSC
Urgh, my first HSC and I feel like I did abysmally ):
Multiple choice and short answer was alright but I feel like I really screwed up the essay-
I don't think I wrote enough and spent enough time on them - I spent maybe 35-40 minutes on each?

I wrote 5 pages on the monetary policy question and talked about DMO's, policy mix, hystersis, phillip's curve, and how the government used it recently

I wrote 3 pages (!!!) on the exchange rate question, mostly just talking about the mining booms and China's impact on the economy :(
Anyone have any idea what mark I might get?

michaeljennings

HSC
itd be hard to say osbornnnnnnnnnnnnn but dw youll do good what raw mark are you aiming for and what did you get for MC? solutions are up in another thread

Osborn

HSC
I got 18/20 for multiple choice, I still think it was bank deposits and not land for one question though...wouldn't RBA increase cash rate? ):
I want to get maybe 85/86 for raw mark? I just want to get a band six after scaling truthfully, haha - i'm not looking for much beyond a 91/92 for Economics as my final mark ):

michaeljennings

HSC
I got 18/20 for multiple choice, I still think it was bank deposits and not land for one question though...wouldn't RBA increase cash rate? ):
I want to get maybe 85/86 for raw mark? I just want to get a band six after scaling truthfully, haha - i'm not looking for much beyond a 91/92 for Economics as my final mark ):
ahh yeah true a lot of the questions for MC were confusing lol. raw mark of 85 should be a 92 i think

Osborn

HSC
Yeah, it was a tough MC!
Do you think I can get a 85? D:
The test was out of 100 right? heh.

michaeljennings

HSC
Yeah, it was a tough MC!
Do you think I can get a 85? D:
The test was out of 100 right? heh.
yeahh it seems as though youre worried about the length of your exchange rate essay but Robinson told us as long as its 800 words its fine so I dont think length will be a problem as long as its well written

Osborn

HSC
Haha, I'm not sure if it's even 800 words..I have fairly small handwriting but only 3 pages! ):
I don't think it was that well written..I only had one factor for domestic, haha.
Also, just discovered I got Skills for Sustainable Growth and Jobs and Training Compact mixed up! D:

michaeljennings

HSC
Haha, I'm not sure if it's even 800 words..I have fairly small handwriting but only 3 pages! ):
I don't think it was that well written..I only had one factor for domestic, haha.
Also, just discovered I got Skills for Sustainable Growth and Jobs and Training Compact mixed up! D:
ahh lol well hopefully you still go alright

funkygirl59

HSC
I actually don't think you'll end up doing that well for exchange rates - sorry. Because you should have gone through all the factors affecting the demand and supply of the dollar, since it was a theory question: which is more than just trade from china and trade from the mining boom. it's also import spending in Australia (i.e. trade flows in) and the BOP as a whole. Then there's speculation, and of course foreign investment which is affected by interest rates etc. I also think it doesn't sound like you did any diagrams which is probably not a good thing for a theory one. I also spoke about how domestic monetary policy/RBA decisions can affect the dollar i.e. dirtying the float, or indirectly as a consequence of changing interest rates. Depends how well you justified everything, though. If you displayed knowledge about all those factors even thoguh you just spoke about topical stuff, you could get about a 15ish?16?

Also for monetary: did you talk about inflation targeting? Then explain how the transmission mechanism affects both inflation and unemployment before talking about their supposedly competing relationship (which actually hasn't happened in Aus. due to our low unemployment and inflation levels, so suck it phillip haha)

Osborn

HSC
Yeah, I did only did one diagram for the exchange rate policies one ):
Mostly it was because I ran out of time - I was going to go on to say more, but I didn't have enough time to continue ): The domestic factor was RBA policy decisions affecting foreign investment ):
And for monetary, i talked about all of those.

funkygirl59

HSC
Haha, do you think I can get band six? ):
18/20 for multiple choice is solid.

No idea what you would get for short answer.

Essays: It again depends how well you wrote them but you seriously sound like you had enough in your monetary policy to get 18/19/20 depending on how well you wrote it and made links - or less if you ddin't i have no idea. And exchange rates, hmmm maybe 17 if you included all the right things?

Considering the cut off is an 85ish or whatever, and depending on your rank of course, i'm sure you'll make it into the 90s for final mark. Good luck!

funkygirl59

HSC
actually on second thought: exchange rate would end up much lower - just reread the 3 pages thing. I wrote 9 pages for both

Osborn

HSC
I think I did alright on short answer - only thing I got wrong was that I mixed up Skills for Sustainable Growth's job creation and Jobs and Training Compact ):
And what do you think i'm realistically looking at for exchange rates? 14,15,16?

kappy

HSC
Urgh, my first HSC and I feel like I did abysmally ):
Multiple choice and short answer was alright but I feel like I really screwed up the essay-
I don't think I wrote enough and spent enough time on them - I spent maybe 35-40 minutes on each?

I wrote 5 pages on the monetary policy question and talked about DMO's, policy mix, hystersis, phillip's curve, and how the government used it recently

I wrote 3 pages (!!!) on the exchange rate question, mostly just talking about the mining booms and China's impact on the economy :(
Anyone have any idea what mark I might get?
calm your farm osborn...... i am sure your strong cohort will bring your mark up. come on. you have michael jennings in that cohort aswell, you are destined NOT to fail.

funkygirl59

HSC
I think I did alright on short answer - only thing I got wrong was that I mixed up Skills for Sustainable Growth's job creation and Jobs and Training Compact ):
And what do you think i'm realistically looking at for exchange rates? 14,15,16?
well 3 pages...if you didn't include an explanation of the way the dollar is determined before launching into china....didn't really structure it by the factors affecting demand and supply...but rest was good, then probs max 14

Osborn

HSC
Eurgh, I don't think my cohort can bring me up that much :/
And yeah, I think I started off just by defining exchange rate and TWI and then going on to talk about recent events..
Dang ):

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)