I just can't stop thinking of high school... (1 Viewer)

Z

Zeppelin

I mean, I know that times must change eventually, and we can't do anything about it. but I just miss high school and year 12 so much. Sure, the HSC was a bitch, but it was the greatest year of my life. Fantastic memories (which keep flooding back when I listen to certain music) and great friends. I wish more than anything I could relive it all again.

Travelling to uni sucks ass. I don't know anyone. I have no idea what the hell Maths is about. And I'm there far too long. It's only been two days, and I'm dreading having to go already.

I just had to get this off my chest. I hope I'm not the only one out there that feels the same...

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
yeh itsd like that for some, oh well try to just meety up with people from high school and its all good

hatty

Banned
it will pass, as you meet new friends and get the hang of uni and move on with your life, high school will become just another memory.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Me too I've been relating it to highschool.
I get to wake up later.
Attendance isn't checked in lectures.
I'm not expected to perform 100% all of the time.
There's very attractive chicks strolling around.
The subjects I'm doing - i actually enjoy.
The workload is comfortable.
There's lots of opportunities to make friends.
I only have 14 hours a week.
I don't have to go on friday.
I've got some radio slots on which im broadcasting my show.
I love uni.

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
Hehe. Im in uni this year and today was my day off and i just came back from my high school after handing in my sports uniform to the front office and meeting up with my year 12 teachers and career advisor. Going back into my high school brought back great moments

I'm with you Zeppelin. High School had such great memories and whenever i see students going to school, it brings back wonderful moments with friends.

Uni so far has been pretty good. The workload is a fair bit, but I'm handling it well so far. But high school will always be remembered as having wonderful times.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It seems like heaps of people know each other from school. It's near impossible to crack into those highly defended circles.

Lainee

HSC
Uni feels just like high school for me. Except lots more walking, but that's it. I bump into people from high around every corner, it's comforting to have so many familiar faces.

There's one thing that I want to change from high school though - I want to make friends that aren't asian. It's actually more difficult than I had imagined.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
lol. well of course considering your doing commerce! I've found more people to be white in my law classes than asians. Start there.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
noneother said:
lol. well of course considering your doing commerce! I've found more people to be white in my law classes than asians. Start there.
I'm spending more time at uni than I did at high school, but I'm still loving it because either I really enjoy the subjects or they're piss easy.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Zeppelin said:
I mean, I know that times must change eventually, and we can't do anything about it. but I just miss high school and year 12 so much. Sure, the HSC was a bitch, but it was the greatest year of my life. Fantastic memories (which keep flooding back when I listen to certain music) and great friends. I wish more than anything I could relive it all again.

Travelling to uni sucks ass. I don't know anyone. I have no idea what the hell Maths is about. And I'm there far too long. It's only been two days, and I'm dreading having to go already.

I just had to get this off my chest. I hope I'm not the only one out there that feels the same...
I feel much the same way Zeppelin, oh please bring back the care free days of high school!

sarevok

HSC
Agreed, I'm finding the transition from high school to Uni quite difficult, mostly because of financial stress and adjusting to the new lifestyle. Plus I can't say I'm enjoying the train trip to Uni. High school was so care free in comparison. But I imagine in, say, a months time, I'll be adjusted to Uni and enjoying it.

abey85

HSC
This is my second year at Uni, and i still often find myself thinking back to my years at highschool, escpecially year 11 and 12. Whilst i do miss that carefree attitude which came along with being a school student, i really wouldn't want to go back. just the thought of having to go though the hsc again terrifies me, so i am more than happy to be at UNI now.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
noneother said:
im surprised at the number of white people in my political eco, marketing and industroial relations subjects

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
As someone who's almost finished uni, and have lots of friends graduated and working, they say the same thing, but the difference is that they miss the carefree days of uni where everything was easy and you got to bludge, whereas now they work 10 hour days monday-friday.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I still think of chicks from high school when I masturbate, but otherwise uni is fine.

uwsstudent

HSC
i understand u mate

i am in year three now, i miss those days back in high school, ur high school friends are still here with u, no matter wherever they are, u can still go out with them, friendship remains and those days will always be the most important memory, some people will like uni better, there are people who like the high school life, those years with ur friends, that's priceless, whatever u do in uni, when u guys meet, that's the moment u enjoy the most, u can keep the contact with all of ur best friends, i certainly agree with u mate

tyra

HSC
i get really nostalgic every time i go past my old high school and see all the school kids waiting for the bus *sniff* i used to be one of them....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)