I just totally "f'ed" up the hsc business, but my intnernal was 2nd,what my hsc mark? (1 Viewer)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
School Rank: 200~

Externals raw: 77/100 (I know I f''ed it hard)

This is really important to me, please answer it seriously but truthly.

What will my HSC mark be?

Edit: additional notes

* first person in the hsc will easily get 95+/100 in the HSC (person is "very talented")

* there was a 10 percent gap between first and second in internals,

*2nd person in the actual HSC 88+/100 guaranteed easily probably more

Last edited:

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Re: I just totally "f'ed" up the hsc business, but my intnernal was 2nd,what my hsc m

It depends what the second highest exam mark for your school was.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Re: I just totally "f'ed" up the hsc business, but my intnernal was 2nd,what my hsc m

It depends what the second highest exam mark for your school was.
Easily 88/100 the second person in our grade in the HSC EXAM ITSELF

soloooooo

HSC
N/A

(88*0.5) + (77*0.5) = 82.5
That might then scale up to 85/86 etc.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

(88*0.5) + (77*0.5) = 82.5
That might then scale up to 85/86 etc.
ummm shouldnt that "77" be aligned up first?

Renegader

HSC

Honestly, correct me on this but if you get a high mark internally and a poor mark internally it could be a sign that your school set easy tests, so they may scale down your mark a bit.

McLovinFanboy

Banned
HSC

School Rank: 200~

Externals raw: 77/100 (I know I f''ed it hard)

This is really important to me, please answer it seriously but truthly.

What will my HSC mark be?

Edit: additional notes

* first person in the hsc will easily get 95+/100 in the HSC (person is "very talented")

* there was a 10 percent gap between first and second in internals,

*2nd person in the actual HSC 88+/100 guaranteed easily probably more
A raw of 77 would be a mid high band 5. So say 85.

Assuming that is the second highest mark, yuo will get a moderated mark slightly higher say, 87.

You will end up with around ~86

McLovinFanboy

Banned
HSC

Honestly, correct me on this but if you get a high mark internally and a poor mark internally it could be a sign that your school set easy tests, so they may scale down your mark a bit.
The BOS doens't do it like that.

How it goes is that they make a range or the highest and lowest mark from your external marks, and you will get a moderated mark according to your moderated mark and gap

sghguos

HSC
N/A

A raw of 77 would be a mid high band 5. So say 85.

Assuming that is the second highest mark, yuo will get a moderated mark slightly higher say, 87.

You will end up with around ~86
Is it true that I get the second highest hsc internal marks no matter what?

McLovinFanboy

Banned
HSC

Is it true that I get the second highest hsc internal marks no matter what?
Yes. However these are moderated. but you will get the 2nd highest one.

Say first gets 90, then second gets 85, and so on and so on.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

So how is that second internal mark calculated from? Is it true that the second highest internal mark would be the 2nd person in the actual hsc exam?

McLovinFanboy

Banned
HSC

So how is that second internal mark calculated from? Is it true that the second highest internal mark would be the 2nd person in the actual hsc exam?
No.

Basically it is calculated by standard deviation .

It is the relative gap between you and first compared to the range of marks in the external HSC.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

No.

Basically it is calculated by standard deviation .

It is the relative gap between you and first compared to the range of marks in the external HSC.
Say 8 people in my school all got aligned business mark over 90+, what would my internal mark be approximately

McLovinFanboy

Banned
HSC

Over 90.

ellie95

HSC
N/A

I got 95 as an internal and ranked first, the person that came 2nd got about 93 internal and i think my raw marks in the hsc exam were about 85-88
What would my mark be?

McLovinFanboy

Banned
HSC

I got 95 as an internal and ranked first, the person that came 2nd got about 93 internal and i think my raw marks in the hsc exam were about 85-88
What would my mark be?
Whatever 85-88 will allign too. If it alligns to a 95, you will get a 95 for both internal and external (assuming it is the top mark)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)