I Need Confirmation (1 Viewer)

eagle4

HSC
N/A
i have heard some people say that the Trials are harder then the actual HSC, i'm not sure i fthis ia rumour or is it true, can i get any ideas from you all. thanks

eagle4:cool:

depends on ur skewl i guess. The chem trials i did from other skewls wasn't any harder or easier than last year's HSC.

But if you go to say ruse r baulko or something then it's a safe bet to say your maths trial was at least twice as hard as the HSC? well perhaps not twice but you get my meaning

Anton

HSC
I'll pretty much confirm it for my school (Fort St). Most of our trials were pretty fuckin' challenging, especially compared to the HSC last year, which on the whole I found to be pretty easy (relatively speaking).
Keep in mind though that this years HSC will probably be a fair cop harder than last years, as they have had a year to look at what is wrong with the exams, and so can fuck us in more devious ways than ever.

Anton

Confuzzled?!

HSC
Originally posted by Hedera Colchica
i somehow doubt the english ext. exam can be very much harder
probably not.

Has ur school received those Subject Packages....

Ask ur librarian....

It's got all the answers to last year's HSC papers for every subject..
compare the hsc paper from last year to ur trial this year.....

if the hsc is easier...don't worrie. lol...
English Ext. can't be too much harder. lol.

eagle4

HSC
N/A
thanks guys, i go to Galston, and we did the CSSA trials, they were too bloody hard!!!!

eagle4:cool:

SkAnDi

HSC
I don't really know if the hsc will be harder then the trial.

I really do hope so though.

The english trials i got were so broad, that even with the little amount of study that i did, i was able to BS around with it for awhile.

Since i intend to do far more study come HSC time, i'd like the hsc to be harder so that i get a chance to shine :)

But looking at last years HSC, the trials at my school for english and history seem to be on par.

Maths at my school will be significantly harder than last years HSC (even though i don't get to sit them beacuse i'm sick :( I hope i get a good estimate though!).

Originally posted by SkAnDi
(even though i don't get to sit them beacuse i'm sick :( ).
you sound as though you want to sit them Skandi. You can always do the paper after everyone gets it back if u want to do it so bad. And if u want a challenging maths paper, scab from ur friends in other skewls that make their maths paper twice as hard as the HSC

SkAnDi

HSC
Eh *shrugs* i really only want to sit them.. if the mark i would get is better than the estimate which I'll get (i think i'll be getting an estimate).

I think if i sat it in the state i'm in now though, i'd get like 30% :D

Well, in their estimate, they *shouldn't* consider the mark you get if you sit them as a make-up assessment. After all, what happens if someone leaks the questions out to you and stuff right?

Why do you want to sit them?

SkAnDi

HSC
Only as really *formal* exam practice.

I've sat one 3 hr math exam before. It was scary, i lost my concentration after about 2 hrs!!! (this was at tutoring)

The trial will have given me to see how my mind/body would react when the pressure's on and every minute counts.

it's different whe you're doing practice exams. I don't think I've ever been able to concentrate on a fortyminute essay outside of exam conditions - tere just isn't the same motivation to complete everything in 40minutes

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Hedera Colchica
I realise I've only written half the essay at 40min then I go sleep or something
I so agree!

anyway back on topic
my school's 2u maths trial was much easier than last yr's HSC
the english ones were on par
and my economics one was much harder in my opinion

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
depends what school you go to

chances are, if you go to a private school or a selective school your trial will be harder than HSC, and in some cases quite a bit harder

my schools tests are very challenging in comparison to the HSC, so the HSC will be a whole lot easier than the trials we just had.

however i think for english it doesn't change much as its just the way you write it, unless the question is very hard. but in HSC usually the question is pretty generic

anyway just look at past HSC papers and compare them with your trials

Case Study

HSC
Yeah, the selective skool tests are harder than the hsc. And they mark it hard too. If u write something and its not well explained u get marked down.

Last SDD test I did I was told I got the right answer but I didn't show "Extended Knowledge" :rolleyes: So I didn't get full marks for the correct answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)