I Need Confirmation (1 Viewer)

quartic

Originally posted by MinAi

my school's 2u maths trial was much easier than last yr's HSC
From the look of it all the maths HSC papers from last year were a bit easier than previous years, especially the ext 1 and 2. I did the 2unit paper last year accelerated and it didn't seem as hard as the past ones we looked at (except for that last question). So if your trial was easier than last years exam you'd better be prepaired for something significantly harder in the HSC since they will probably go crazy and overcompensate for the relative ease last year.

Anyhow does your school buy their maths trial?(asking anyone) cause our school setts their own which are usually as hard as any of the others out there.

SkAnDi

HSC
We usually get those bought exams as practice for our trials.

All our trials were set by the teachers... except for perhaps the Mod. History one.. i think someone went at it with a bit of liquid paper, and then a pen, and then the good ol photocopying.

philbert_frog

Originally posted by Case Study
Yeah, the selective skool tests are harder than the hsc. And they mark it hard too. If u write something and its not well explained u get marked down.
Originally posted by sif not 99
YEAH i agree we at selective schools have to get marked harder well i hope I am lol =)

hate to break it to you sif, but we did the CSSA trials (mostly) and so we did them the same as all over the state.... .'. they can't be "harder", although most of the CSSA (eg. maths) are generally seen as "harder" than the HSCs - but that is all relative to the amount of study u've put in. Also, we mark them on (admittedly broad) CSSA guidelines.

also, in refernece to our previous tests, yeah they probably are harder, but we can never really know by how much till ranking time come december.

Last edited:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by quartic

From the look of it all the maths HSC papers from last year were a bit easier than previous years, especially the ext 1 and 2. I did the 2unit paper last year accelerated and it didn't seem as hard as the past ones we looked at (except for that last question). So if your trial was easier than last years exam you'd better be prepaired for something significantly harder in the HSC since they will probably go crazy and overcompensate for the relative ease last year.

Anyhow does your school buy their maths trial?(asking anyone) cause our school setts their own which are usually as hard as any of the others out there.
I kno and am aware of that fact
thats why I'm thinking it was bad to have an easier trial
but anyway, we have a class of about 30 yr11's sitting the 2U HSC as well, so they'll all prolly get between 110-120/120 for that trial, and hopefully do well in the HSC, pulling ppl like me up in the process!

and no, one of the maths teachers wrote our trial

Fradam

Tall man
HSC
Originally posted by MinAi
but anyway, we have a class of about 30 yr11's sitting the 2U HSC as well, so they'll all prolly get between 110-120/120 for that trial, and hopefully do well in the HSC, pulling ppl like me up in the process!
Ahh.. it's thinking like that which gets us all in trouble buddy..! Not supposed to be hoping that others pull your mark up! Hope that you will do well enought hat you pull others up!

Morgues

A bit of topic but why is the 3 unit test 2 hours while the 2 unit one is an hour more?

I usually sleep during the last hour of a 2 unit test but in the 3 unit ones I can barely reach the 7th question in 2 hours......is 'speed' maths a component of the 3 unit syllabus?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)