I need help regarding if resumes are still accepted? (1 Viewer)

Anonz603jkx

HSC
I’m desperate for answers because i tried asking this in whirlpool forums for commenters to be passive aggressive to me, but i am a student who is about to graduate high school and I have already handed in a resume to Officeworks.

What is the chance that they have the resume with them and didn’t “bin” it as people at whirlpool forums make it out to be, also did i make the smart decision to hand it in early, though they arent hiring at this time. Lastly is it true that companies tend to open up Christmas casual positions during October?

blyatman

HSC
N/A
Yes of course they're accepted. What else what companies go on without a resume?

They might've binned it, who knows. Might be worth getting their email contact next time so you can send them your resume directly.

One of my friends told me this is how his boss handles job applicants: he splits them into 2 piles: 50/50. He then dumps one of the piles into the bin, because he doesn't want any unlucky people. He then sifts through the pile that he kept. That's life lol.

Last edited:

Anonz603jkx

HSC
Yes of course they're accepted. What else what companies go on without a resume?

They might've binned it, who knows. Might be worth getting their email contact next time so you can send them your resume directly.

One of my friends told me this is how his boss handles job applicants: he splits them into 2 piles: 50/50. He then dumps one of the piles into the bin, because he doesn't want any unlucky people. He then sifts through the pile that he kept. That's life lol.
Thank God someone who isnt passive agressive like those on Whirpool forums. I have checked the day after, and i was told that there arent any vacancies yet but if there are i should receive a notification regarding it.

I’ve also managed to get information that they will look for hiring people for their Christmas casual positions next month in October, So I also wonder that if all goes well with the resume would i have a good chance than those who apply during or after October.

Lastly It’s just that I feel that, they could’ve binned it because they arent hiring at this time but then again who knows, also its just pathetic that I wasted my time asking this on Whirlpool with people acting passive agressive, or telling me they “wont” hire because the way I write on forums is the same way I “typed” on the resume which isnt true but it was just a simple one highlighting my skills, interests that sort of stuff for a Team member position as im not looking to just stack shelves not management or other roles that might be beyond my capabilities.

blyatman

HSC
N/A
It depends when they review the resumes. If they review all them all at once at the end of the application period, then it won't matter whether you applied first or last. However, in some cases they might interview as they come along, so if they think that you're a good fit then they might not bother with waiting on other applicants. So, it really depends.

Might also be worth handing in your resume again when applications actually open. It'll also give you a chance to get their email contact directly so you can send them a digital copy.

Anonz603jkx

HSC
It depends when they review the resumes. If they review all them all at once at the end of the application period, then it won't matter whether you applied first or last. However, in some cases they might interview as they come along, so if they think that you're a good fit then they might not bother with waiting on other applicants. So, it really depends.

Might also be worth handing in your resume again when applications actually open. It'll also give you a chance to get their email contact directly so you can send them a digital copy.
Well Officeworks did tell me that they did already hire people, I think a month ago but they would be open to applications next month due to them needing Christmas casual team members so as mentioned before I was quick to hand the resume in.

But as you said, it may not even matter at all, but people suggest that it’s better than handing one in later on or when there is a huge number of applicants.

Also in addition my resume was simple as I listed my key skills namely to do with teamwork, that i can contribute and help, being hard working etc and also for employment related skills that i have good communication skills and can speak confidently in group situations, being respectful being billingual incase a potential customer needs someone who speaks their language, also that i can learn well and have good planning and organising.

Lastly also I did a list of interests, ranging from being creative to being interested in technology, any awards i have achieved over my high school years, membership programs being involed in study programs. I Also listed my achievments such as being able to manafe time effectively, being customer orientated, and making sure customers are satisfied and never dissapointed and also how to help customers with their enquiries especially if its about anything to do with technology.

I dont know if these qualities are less of me or that its not “enough” for them, as i never really had a job in the past, only that I analyze situations to think of how can i respond in them but I also unsure if my resume is just too simple they wont look at it, although im only applying for team member not anything complex. But i applaud you for having a level headed mindset answering my questions, because I was almost getting nowhere else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)