I never did math in HSC...Is B Business going to destroy me then ? (1 Viewer)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Lol dw, the standard of maths among B Bus students as a whole seems to be fairly low. They always held peoples hands through any maths in accounting and finance first year lectures.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Stats might rek you but the rest should be fine. Just make sure you don't fall behind in anything

waterlml

HSC
same i did gen maths but i'm worried about the same thing

Constantine

HSC
Consider taking the maths bridging course which is on right now at UTS!
Out of all the compulsory first year business subjects, statistics has always been reported as the hardest.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Consider taking the maths bridging course which is on right now at UTS!
Out of all the compulsory first year business subjects, statistics has always been reported as the hardest.
I did the UTS bridging course (UNSW one was more expensive) and it was useless tbh. They go really fast and once you go behind you're lost for the rest of the lesson. I'd recommend doing it at your own pace via online sources such as khan academy or even hiring a private tutor for a few lessons.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
I heard there is a subject Quntative something something with intense math.. and derviates securities

its just an assumuption

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Nah the maths isn't too intensive, only when you commence 2nd year in majors Finance, Economics and Econometrics - they have same calculus and linear algebra. Other than that you should be fine.

Constantine

HSC
I did the UTS bridging course (UNSW one was more expensive) and it was useless tbh. They go really fast and once you go behind you're lost for the rest of the lesson. I'd recommend doing it at your own pace via online sources such as khan academy or even hiring a private tutor for a few lessons.
Yeah I have to agree. For those who never did maths in year eleven and twelve, the bridging course is going to be very demanding. You will have to go home and revise each night for the duration of the bridging class to ensure you can keep up. I didn't find it completely useless because I did some ext maths in Year 10 so some of the stuff in there were like revision so in that sense, I did appreciate their speed and concentration on the key points.

At the end of the day though, it really comes down to your luck. A good lecturer makes all the difference.
For my algebra and functions class the teacher was just alright, but my calculus one was amazing so yer.

+1 for Khan Academy
A post-grad student told me about it and it's definitely worth checking out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)