I really need a computer (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
So I've been without a computer for a semester and a bit and now I NEED one.

I want a desktop, I can get peeps to custom build or whatever I think.
I find laptops too fragile (I break them too often) and too heavy to take to uni anyways (my iPad is too heavy at times).

So, what should I get?

My budget is ~$1k and I want something that can last at least 3 years.

Also, I want to play skyrim.

Yay!

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Oh 1K is MORE than enough for a complete PC setup, including speakers, keyboard, mouse etc.

Your local computer store should have a whole bunch of 'PC packages' that you can get, ranging from $400 to $2000+. Give them a visit and tell them your budget is 1K and they'll sort it out for you. Make sure it has a wireless card inbuilt, otherwise you have to get a cable running from your modem/router to your PC. You can custom build if you like but it'll save you the hassle just buying it straight from them.

Since you want to play Skyrim, you might want to ask for a ~slightly~ more powerful graphics card. If the wireless card eats into the budget too much, then you can get a good USB one later on.

Also try to get a 120gb SSD for your Operating System and the programs you will run often, then a normal 1TB Hard drive on top of it.

Honestly, any of these will be great for you: http://www.msy.com.au/SYSTEMS/INTELAMD-GAMERENTERTAINMENT1.pdf

Last edited:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know what to do?

What is a wireless card and where is my local comp store?

HSC
Uni Grad

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I don't know what to do?

What is a wireless card and where is my local comp store?
Wireless network cards let you use wifi from a computer, they are included with laptops but it's just something you might need for a desktop pc. Good ones cost $30, if that, so to be honest i have no idea why it's been mentioned haha.

Frostbitten

HSC
If you want real value for money, put a bit of time in researching and asking gamers which know their stuff. Websites like http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/default.php are generally good, you can buy all the pieces you want and for a lot less than a shop like jb-hi-fi or Dick Smith would offer. You can also pay like $70 and get it assembled by them, ready to go for use. I warn you once, do not! I repeat, do not! Buy completed computers packs from stores at your shopping centre, they tend to rip customers off a lot because they expect you know nothing about what you are buying.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
If you want real value for money, put a bit of time in researching and asking gamers which know their stuff. Websites like http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/default.php are generally good, you can buy all the pieces you want and for a lot less than a shop like jb-hi-fi or Dick Smith would offer. You can also pay like $70 and get it assembled by them, ready to go for use. I warn you once, do not! I repeat, do not! Buy completed computers packs from stores at your shopping centre, they tend to rip customers off a lot because they expect you know nothing about what you are buying.
I dont think anyone here has told him to do that.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
an iPad is too heavy?

are you serious riproot
Well, the iPad + all the unnecessary shit in my bag + it's a satchel so it isn't made to comfortably carry more than 5kg daily + I'm like the build of a prepubescent girl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)