I think I am screwed (1 Viewer)

Annabeth_35

HSC
Hey guys, so there's like 3 weeks left till HSC exams start and I think I am done for. I have a timetable, but it got stuffed up last weekend. What I have been doing each day this week is that I do the work that's on my timetable and then if I can, I try to fit in the work that I didn't do last week and on the weekend. According to my timetable, I am meant to finish memorising my content next week on the weekend and then have 2 weeks for past papers. But now that my timetable is stuffed up, I don't know if that would be possible. I am just stressed because there's still a lot of content left for bio and business to memorise and I really want to finish early with the memorisation and get more practice in past papers. I am also stressed of the fact that whatever I memorise, I might forget in a weeks time when it comes to doing questions. Like I just want there to be enough time for memorising all content and enough time for questions. Not sure what to do

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
Don't fret over a deviance from your timetable, just improvise - I would start with past papers now, making note of any content areas that you may struggle with. Then, you can revise these areas as you run through your past papers. At this point, you just need to be working to the best of your ability and not worry about previous regrets. And remember, most (including myself) are feeling the same way. All you can do is your best.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't fret over a deviance from your timetable, just improvise - I would start with past papers now, making note of any content areas that you may struggle with. Then, you can revise these areas as you run through your past papers. At this point, you just need to be working to the best of your ability and not worry about previous regrets. And remember, most (including myself) are feeling the same way. All you can do is your best.
^^ Pretty good advice. Do past papers now. Typically when you do them, you'll blast through things you already know and slow down on what you need to revise. Past papers can give you a very good idea on what you need immediate help on rather than just mindlessly memorising things that you may already subconsciously know.

Hiheyhello

HSC
yes, i would reccomend exactly the same as nilatar and life’s hard because i was in the same position as you last week. that’s when i decided to memorise my notes and concurrently complete past papers, and it’s actually been working really well for me as i’ve been able to identify the greatest gaps in my knowledge, ultimately making my study sessions more efficient as i focus on those areas.

AKONS

HSC
As everyone else has said: past papers. What you'll often find is that even if you haven't memorised something word for word your understanding is good enough to secure the marks.

Reduces time wasted on some unneeded memorising.

nourished.

HSC
Alright and do you use this same strategy? If so, it's effective?
At this point, you don't need to memorise everything. Make a 1-2 pager cheat sheet of the most important concepts per topic. Do past papers at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)