I think my raw marks are wrong (Appeal?) (1 Viewer)

wogboy23

HSC
Funny enough, something weird was on my Extension 1 raw marks. It says 23.5 and 17.5 - but the raw mark examination total says 44/50
Can someone explain this?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
SDD does have options in its exam.

Software Design and Development HSC Examination Specifications
Section III – Options (20 marks)
• There will be two questions, one for each of the options.
• Candidates will be required to answer the question on the option they have studied.
• Each question will consist of approximately eight short-answer parts.
Theres no total weighted mark provided, in previous years for software design it looks like there was no option scaling.

So that's 3 cases already so far and within a very small sample. Statistically very unlikely then to have been an error. If it was a freak error, they would have picked it up in at least one of the cases. So those doing the recheck didn't consider it an error. I think we can conclude it is correct, we just have to determine what we are missing.
Yeah, option scaling does seem likely but still a few things dont make sense. 4025808's maths extension 1 mark was 1 off too and that definitely should have no option scaling.

wogboy23

HSC
I thought half marks weren't given by hsc markers? Some of my responses had half marks - eg. one ancient mark short answers had 2.5/ 3 - questions less than 10 marks aren't double marked so wtf???

Official

Bring it on
HSC
I thought half marks weren't given by hsc markers? Some of my responses had half marks - eg. one ancient mark short answers had 2.5/ 3 - questions less than 10 marks aren't double marked so wtf???
i think subjective answers are still double marked

i.e. like english adv unseen text questions are always double marked

wogboy23

HSC
yeah but the short answers of the ancient history exam (i.e the society study are very much objective) could there be an error?

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
Where part of the answer book is subjective, it's easier to double-mark the whole book. The fact you were awarded 2 by one marker and 3 by another means it is not "objective" anyway.

Besides, there is no way for a marker to record a half-mark. If pen marking, they write the whole mark in a box. If online marking, they click a button marked NA, 0, 1, 2 or 3.

smartalec

HSC
seriously guys. it's the board of studies. I highly doubt they effed up this badly in a considerably small sample group.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
In Ancient History my understanding is that with the Society the entire question is double marked - not just the final question in the section. In Pompeii and Herc though the smaller questions are only single marked. Thus half marks as a final mark is possible in the Society short responses but not in the P&H (as I said from my understanding as I have never marked Ancient).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)