I want a camera/video phone - please help I am clueless. (1 Viewer)

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
Hi

I really really want to get a new phone, within the week, and I was wondering what I should get. I am completely clueless, so if you are going to say omg get this one it has 5.6087 ijf with a wifi mb, gps 6.0 please explain it ;)

I want it to be able to take good pictures, and video- and also take photos at concerts etc... I understand that taking pics at concerts wont necessarily come out that great, but that's okay. These are the main reason I want the phone.

I would prefer to get a nokia phone as I don't understand how any other phones work. I currently have a 6610i- which I have had for three years- it is time for an upgrade.

If you have any suggestions they would be appreciated- I have been told to get a N73 or a N95 or something like that, is there any difference between the two? Why should I get one over the other. If you have any demo pics of how well they take pictures either day or night- or even videos on youtube that I can see how well they tape it would be great :).

How much am I looking to spend - as well as where is the cheapest place to get either of those phones...Or if there is another brand/type that I am completely missing out on I am willing to consider that too.

HELP! :)

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Ye N95 is a good phone.
There is a big difference between n95 and n73. The n95 has 5 megapixel camera, n73 has 3.2megapixel. The n95 has GPS bulit in, the n73 needs another attachment to have gps. The n95 has wifi, n73 does not.

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
Thanks for your reply!

ive just been talking to my friend and he reckons the N95 and N73 are really slow and if I want a good fast phone that takes fast and good pics I should go Sony Ericson K850i or something :(

why does it have to be so difficult

So it is between N95 and K800/850
So far the N95 looks better and the pics are better- but I really do not want a phone that takes forever to load messages for example! Please help me see the bad things about N95 and k800 before I buy either one. And where is the best place to buy phones- Ebay?

Last edited:

Marky24

HSC
Ebay's usually good

K800i has a nice camera 3.2mp good flash too, much smaller than the n95 costs around $300-350 on ebay

k850i is an updated version of the k800i virtually the same except with a 5mp instead of the 3.2 unfortunately its not out yet

n95 has more features as was mentioned before 5mp,gps, wifi etc, but has a tendancy to be a little sluggish in general with all functions, but like you said you've been using nokias so you might feel a little more at home, also the n95 has a hefty price tag anywhere between $900-1100 on ebay

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Well the k850i's camera quality is better then the n95. But k850i does not have wifi, also the k800i does not have it aswell. The k800i is old now though compared to both n95 and k850i. It just depends what u want.
The n95 is more professional and more of a smart phone opposed to the k800/k850i. To match the n95 you can get a sony ericsson p990i which is also a smart phone but still lacks features the n95 has.

Also what are you willing to pay?

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
Hakz said:
Well the k850i's camera quality is better then the n95. But k850i does not have wifi, also the k800i does not have it aswell. The k800i is old now though compared to both n95 and k850i. It just depends what u want.
The n95 is more professional and more of a smart phone opposed to the k800/k850i. To match the n95 you can get a sony ericsson p990i which is also a smart phone but still lacks features the n95 has.

Also what are you willing to pay?

I don't want to spend too much. I especially dont want to pay 900+!!!!

Maybe 650 max? hehehe - :rofl: That can be stretched maybe a little

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Buy a camera and phone separately. Then you get better pictures and video and a phone that still does everything a phone is meant to do.

CieL

HSC
So you just want a phone with video recording and able to take good photos..

Do you really want to spend to get the latest model, or do you want something that will "just do"?

Mobile phones these days come with a lot of additional features you'll be paying for but not use.. as in, you sound like a person who'd use the phone to call, sms, camera.. and that's it..

I agree with the above poster that if you want to record and take pictures in a concert, a seperate camera is much much better.. the camera phones are only good for short range shots with good lighting and still images.. i've seen many of my friends try to take pictures [from the front few rows] and it'll end up as a blurry splodge of black and white with a few squiggly lines which were meant to define features..

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
N95 may have more features, butaccording to a mate who works at a phone shop, a fair few come back with problems, as opposed to the N73.

My N73 fucks up sometimes, the other person sometimes can't hear me at all and I have to turn the phone on and off. Such is the risk with these smart phones. I'm suspecting a firmware update is well overdue, which will hopefully fix it.

I dislike the K850's looks, K800 is a good phone but I prefer the N73 over it.

The K800 is better at night, but N73 is solid during the day, and it has Symbian.

That should be another consideration, do you need Symbian and its features?

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
politik said:
^fanboy.

i wouldnt go with the n95 becuase the battery life is way too short. n73 seems like a phone that fits your criteria.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Azamakumar said:
But didn't you want one too?

Don't make me google yo ass.
fuck no.
Sure I be wanting apple products but not the fucking iphone

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Azamakumar said:
You're like the only apple user I know that isn't like

"OMG AN APPLE PRODUKT LETS THROW MOENY AWY 4 SUMFIN I WILL <3 BCOZ APPLE MAYD IT."
1. I ain't a mac user ;) just a mac wanter.
2. Sure it's pretty and innovative, but they failed at using dated technology. 3G support? lol no, let's use fucking EDGE.
Not to mention the massive fail of lagging it over several markets over such a long period of time.

chiwuwu

HSC
N/A
Windows Mobile is a good option at the moment. They are made by heaps of different companies, like Samung and HTC with cool cameras, up to 3 megapxiels with good storage for music, and you can get Hotmail and MSN on them too.

They are 3G too.

Last edited:

Facepalm

HSC
Apple is releasing a 3G iphone, on july 11th and its only $200

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)