Idea suggestions??? (1 Viewer)

Jessi_Gray

HSC
Hi, II have chosen to do a radio drama.

I do like my current idea, as I have chosen something I love. However, I'm having trouble coming up with one of the aspects.
Basically, I will focus on 3-5 PAST leaders-a mixture of 'good' and 'evil', so I have already chosen Ghandi and Napoleon. Essentially, I am creating a debate between the leaders over an issue/event- there is my problem. Basically, I would love suggestions for a controversial topic, where I can create a debate using the leader's ideologies.

I hope this makes sense.

I was thinking something like the establishment of the UN or the Nuremberg Trials SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE AWESOME.
Even better if the situation was around the early 1900s- well until around the WWII stage.

Thank you in advanced!!!

historia

HSC
If you're looking for some sort of historical controversy there's lots of things you could do. Nanking Massacre, policy of appeasement towards Germany, the bombing of Dresden etc. An interesting one for your personalities would be the notion of Empire/ Imperialism and the conflicting perspectives of colonialists/ colonised. There's a few revisionist historians who challenge the traditional view that (as people forward by people like Gandhi) the British Empire had a negative impact on the lives of Indian's (helped economic growth, education, infrastructure etc.) You could contrast two sets of views (expansive/imperialistic personalities like Napoleon/ William McKinley and anti-imperialists like Gandhi/ Ho Chi Minh) and then also contrast the individual personalities within those (Vainglory of Napoleon with pacifism/ humility of Gandhi.) Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)