Ideas and Implementation (1 Viewer)

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
I just started this topic and my question is that, is there a difference between an discharge tube and a cathode ray tube..or are they the same thing ??

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I just started this topic and my question is that, is there a difference between an discharge tube and a cathode ray tube..or are they the same thing ??
Yes, they are the same thing, a cathode ray tube is basically a discharge tube where the discharge is cathode rays.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Do you mind, if i ask you another question.

Is it depending on the pressure of gas in discharge tube/cathode ray tube or the type of gas inside the tube which creates different color luminous ?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Ideas to Implementation*

Discharge tubes and cathode ray tubes are the same thing as they both have to do with moving charge across different electrodes (electrons from one electrode to the other).

Do you mind, if i ask you another question.

Is it depending on the pressure of gas in discharge tube/cathode ray tube or the type of gas inside the tube which creates different color luminous ?
If I can recall correctly:

- The pressure of gas will change the striation patterns in the tube (the lines of dark space in between the colours) and also how bright the gas looks.

- The type of gas will affect which colour is produced (green, purple, orange, red, etc).

Though I need confirmation on this. Maybe ask your teacher? Or if someone else here can explain in more detail.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Ideas to Implementation*

If I can recall correctly:

- The pressure of gas will change the striation patterns in the tube (the lines of dark space in between the colours) and also how bright the gas looks.

- The type of gas will affect which colour is produced (green, purple, orange, red, etc).

Though I need confirmation on this. Maybe ask your teacher? Or if someone else here can explain in more detail.
yes this is correct.

the more "evacted" [don't know how to spell lol] the tube is, the less stritation patterns there will be.

the type of gas (hydrogen, neon, xeon) will affect the colour when it fluoreses (green, red, etc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)