Ideas for major work next year (1 Viewer)

Andy-Skeptic

hey im andy and im only in year 11.

has anyone got any idea what their major work will be next year?

also does anyone want to post picture of what they have done this year

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Try to be original. This girl I know made a deck chair made out of thongs (as in the footwear) turned to the side, as in the rim of it.

Amazing. She got into the powerhouse museum.

I don't do D&T but

Go to the powerhouse if you havent already! Amazing stuff!

evilferret

HSC
mags

i'm not doing anything fantastically original, i do D&T Media and so i have these digital design and writing skills -- so i'm making me a magazine. it has to be an original magazine though. hmm...

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
Hey! I did design and technology as a HSC subject only because i wanted to make a mini back yard skate park for my major project. But then i didnt end up doing it.... to get good marks, you have to make something, a product, system or the environment that helps serve a specific need. You cant think of a product first then think of a need for it... you should write down a list of problems, and then try to think of creative solutions for it! Woah, let me warn you, that design and technology is the most expensive, time consuming, and exhausting subject!

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
evilferret said:
i'm not doing anything fantastically original, i do D&T Media and so i have these digital design and writing skills -- so i'm making me a magazine. it has to be an original magazine though. hmm...

Evil... did u think of making it an interactive Magazine.. maybe make an online magazine? you could even go into reasons why such as environmentally friendly etc and u could make a profit through people paying for subscription or something. You could also Include video and interactive quizes? Just a thought. I do Indusdtrial Technology- Multimedia and one of y friends did it for her major this year and its turned out pretty good.

Have you been to the Dolly website? Have a look at that and do some of the quizes for ideas.. I can show u how to do those if you want. PM me.

shortie_689

HSC
You gotta do something that is totally innovative and really good quality.. I designed and landscaped my front yard, unless u like hard labour with ur dad its not the greatest idea took heaps of work...
girl from my school got hers weightlisted for design tech this year she make a quilt but transferred photos onto the quilt so it was kind of like doing something innovative with a traditional idea...
watch out for ur budget too
my suggestion would to not do a model or something like that
but yeah goodluck keep in top of it i was up to 4 in the morning the day it was due finishing my folio...
If you need any help just pm me

have fun

tezties

your thinking about it all wrong!
i did D&T and i did pretty shit to.. BUT i know why! you need to think of a problem that u want to solve! its impossible to think of a product that makes life better without have a purpose for the product.

often its hard to think of problems/needs as well, so think of wants.

i dont know if that helps...

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Last edited:

fmxxx

HSC
hsc design project for 05'

hey im designing a towable freestyle motocross ramp. its a standard aussie comp ramp built onto a trailer design so it can fold up and be easily transportable and set up.

wat r ur thoughts people???

cheers

isaac 2005

HSC
Major Design Project

Hey I have started designing a double bed that turns into a bunk bed I have come across many problems. My major problem is that i need a mechanism strong enough to hold a bed in the air and a locking mechanism to stop the movement of the bed when it is in the air. If anyone has any surgestions could you please post me back with them.
isaac

Gary H

HSC
N/A
Bee box lifter

Hey, I am going to make a bee box lifter. Because my father and i have troble liftting the heavy box that range from 20 to 50 kilos. I am going to make a trolley that allows you to put the forks under the bee box, and to lift the box by a winch that is connected to the forks, which you opperate from the back, which then lets you roll over to the truck and lower the bee box down on the tray.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)