If i dropped to standard maths would my advanced maths marks still be used for my atar? (1 Viewer)

HSC
A few people in my school say if you drop to standard your advanced maths marks wont be used, is that true?

Last edited:

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Your marks/ranks for standard would be an estimaton ... for example, if you still had trials left to complete, your rank in standard maths would be based on how you go in the trial

HSC
Your marks/ranks for standard would be an estimaton ... for example, if you still had trials left to complete, your rank in standard maths would be based on how you go in the trial
Would it be as if my advanced maths marks never happened? Or would it be included in my atar calculation

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
It isn't included in any atar calculation as you would have dropped the subject. Yeah they can't take what you've done in advanced into consideration so it is as if you had never done it (in terms of that 'estimation')

HSC
It isn't included in any atar calculation as you would have dropped the subject. Yeah they can't take what you've done in advanced into consideration so it is as if you had never done it (in terms of that 'estimation')
Thanks for the response. What if I dropped after trials? Would the hsc mark be the only thing determining my mark for maths?

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
I'm not entirely sure if you dropped after trials, however I'd assume they'd organise some form of test (maybe even the standard maths trial) so they can gauge a rank etc. Your mark can't be based solely on hsc mark

Obviously it would be unfair if you were to drop it after trials and have your mark based on how you did in advanced, so yes some test would be made for you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)