Im in deep s**t (1 Viewer)

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i just re-read my enrolment info and i noticed i need a certificate that says i have applied for a tax file number. i cant go today and i cant go tomorrow cause its australia day..............

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
natstar said:
When is ur enrolment day?
thursday. and i cant get onto my mum and my dad isnt interested. im just his world vision child who he gives money to.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Make an appointment now for Thursday, if necessary dont get there at the earliest enrolment time (get there asap because the lines will be long) but it isn't vitally important (15-20 mins wont matter) but make sure you get that done first. Even if it means going in earlier.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
lukebennett said:
thursday. and i cant get onto my mum and my dad isnt interested. im just his world vision child who he gives money to.
lol thats soo funny

urrmm

usually with enrolment days you can go anytime as long as its AFTER your designated time....

thats how it is at macquarie

and universities usuallyhave one day specified for other people who can't make it to the day of your enrolment .. usually the last day of enrolment... explain ur circumstances to the uni (ring them up) and they'll tell you

dont worry dood u'll be fine, just look into it abit more

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Ah yes, people really should be more interested in the conditions of HECS... call the tax office and ask for their advice. What time is your enrolment scheduled for Thursday? If you turn up at the ATO on Thursday morning (0900 on the nose) you may be able to zip in and out with a TFN application certificate.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i booked an appoitment buti have no car cause mums out. i can go anytime till 430. i cant find where my parents put the birth certificate either. they are just great. my mums mobile is off too. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

they said i can get an appointment at 830 on thursday morning if i need to and that might work out. im just pissed off at my dad. no interested what so ever. even though he wouldnt leave me alone about my hsc .i dont get it.

santaslayer

HSC
You can get a reciept from the person that does your TFN application. The reciept will indicate that you have already registered for the TFN and on its way. That way, most unis won't stop you from enrolling.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i know that but that is my problem. i have to get a reciept by thursday and tomorrow is a public holiday. ive filled my form out .now i have to wait for my mum to get home so she can find my birth certificate and then we an go to my interview at 130. hope she gets home in time but i can rebook apparently

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I didn't book when i went in, and there was no queue, though I suppose there will be one at the 11th hour eh :uhhuh:

GirlGoneMad

Kitten Kong
HSC
If you can't find your birth certificate, then go to the NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages and you can pay to get your birth certificate printed off straight away. My brother recently had to go and get one.

nanabite

HSC
You should be right. I went to USyd enrolment yesterday and I think they said don't sweat if you don't have one, as long as you've applied for it by uni census (mid-March) it's fine. That said, it might still be a pain in the ass because of all the HECS paperwork.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
ill be fine. i couldnt go at 130 in the end so ive got a booking at 410 and a cab coming at 320 to take me to parra. i have no car and everyone is out. my mum had to just drop money off for me cos she had an important appointment. i found my birth certificate too.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Phanatical said:
If you don't intend to defer, you do not need your TFN.
ive been told you need one regardless. im deferring so i needed one. but i think you need one in case you need to defer

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
they should let you enrol and provide your TFN later on before the HECS deadline.

i remember when i was enrolling at usyd, i'm pretty sure i had written down my TFN, but when semester started i got an email saying that they didn't have it on their records and that i just had to go in before the HECS deadline and fill out the necessary forms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)