im just wondering if experienced unsw students can tell me... (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
...where the following places are, in terms of their map reference:
- Old Main 01 (1st year lab) (its a lab, in OMB im guessing..)
- Goldstein G01
- Oboe Lab Elec Eng Undercroft (i have a comp1911 tut/lab there)

danke schoen!!!:D

Vylen

HSC
to start you off, Goldstein is next to the Quadrangle and Oboe is in the Electrical Engineering building which is map Reference G17

gman03

HSC
now that you got some idea, why not visit the uni and find them physically this week? There is still a tomorrow :)

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
And good luck navigating through the old main building, I had a class there last semester and still don't know my way around it.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
I have a class on Tuesdays in OMB112 and I plan to just walk around the place on monday to familiarise myself with it, I suggest people do the same when they're going into a new building for tutes/lectures

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
Vylen said:
should i be worried that i can navigate OMB very easily?
No, not at all. In fact, I might have to go find you if you I get lost again :eek:

syper

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
HSC
chucknthem said:
And good luck navigating through the old main building, I had a class there last semester and still don't know my way around it.
HAhahah Charles! Glad I wasn't the only one getting lost on the way to those discrete lecs :p

Mumma

HSC
lol .. the discrete lectures. When will you learn? As if attend them :D I went to maybe three or four discrete lectures in the entire semester.

The OMB ... hmm. I can somewhat manage my way through it. There is a very tasty, ice-cold bubbler up near that hallway that leads towards the Physics Theater, above those strangely located computer labs. Keep that in mind for when you're thirsty :D

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Get there one hour early next week and walk around and find all your rooms. It's pretty easy when you have a map. Then you wont be really stressed out in your first week about finding classes.

Vylen

HSC
just beware of numbers suddenly ending and switching to a hallway on the opposite side of the building... and hallways suddenly ending themselves....

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Best thing is to talk to UNSW staff around that building or students actually.

If you see a person wearing a UNSW ID Card around the neck, stroll up to them, for most likely they're either experienced students or staff.

If you don't need to go to OMB on Monday, then during your breaks on Monday, go around the building and try and find ur classes.

I'm not sure what your degree is, but this year, there is a Peer Mentoring program running for every faculty. Medicine has had it for years and years, but Science, Engineering has just started this year, you might find it worthwhile.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yeah..peer mentoring was today, but i cbf'd goin, the only classes i wasnt too sure about were the goldstein and oboe lab, and u guys answered that for me!
thanx ppl! :)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Vylen said:
to start you off, Goldstein is next to the Quadrangle and Oboe is in the Electrical Engineering building which is map Reference G17
next to quadrangle......thats Goldstein Hall isnt it, and thats uni accomodation isnt it? or do they also have classrooms there? cuz i got a tut/lab for comp1911 there...

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Yes, there are classes around there

Vylen

HSC
yep there are classes in goldstein, walk through the hole in the wall along the side of quadrangle and you can find the entrance...

goldstein is easily recognisable with the distinct smell of urine eminating through the hallways there

*is tutoring 1911 and is grateful he doesnt have a room in goldstein*

Last edited:

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
OMB is the worst. Oftentimes you have to walk upstairs, follow hallways 3/4 the way around the building and go back downstairs to find the next room number on a given floor.

With that said the OMB labs can be easily accessed by walking up the other side of the Red Centre to uniwalk. You'll see the green..ness.. on your right, and that's the physics lab.

Last edited:

Chris.

HSC
never choosing a tute in OMB again. its a maze. i remember one guy from my tute was waiting outside a door for his class and it was a toilet, no joke. and wen you finally have reached the class they cram about 25 people into a small room with no air-con and there is so much construction noise outside. And this was for QMB

:angry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)