I'm so stressed out !!!!!! HELP!!! (1 Viewer)

babyxtine

HSC
Hello everyone :haha:

I study everyday for all my subjects, and i'm in my preliminary years
I don't know what i'm doing wrong, or whatever...
It seems like, my studying doesn't work much?

For my recent maths exam, i scored 67% which is a fail in my opinion. I became very upset about the mark and blamed myself for not studying hard enough.

Eventually, another assessment was coming, so i studied to the extreme for it. But only managed to achieve 70%

Anybody have any advice at all?

Subs for 2008
* Multimedia
* Chemistry
* IPT
* Mathematics (2unit)

* Advanced english
* Engineering studies

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
babyxtine said:
Hello everyone :haha:

I study everyday for all my subjects, and i'm in my preliminary years
I don't know what i'm doing wrong, or whatever...
It seems like, my studying doesn't work much?

For my recent maths exam, i scored 67% which is a fail in my opinion. I became very upset about the mark and blamed myself for not studying hard enough.

Eventually, another assessment was coming, so i studied to the extreme for it. But only managed to achieve 70%

Anybody have any advice at all?

Subs for 2008
* Multimedia
* Chemistry
* IPT
* Mathematics (2unit)

* Advanced english
* Engineering studies
Why would you study all your subjects everyday? That doesn't seem like an effective way of studying (in my point of view). That is because you need to divide all your time into 6 subjects and it will be probably around 20-30 minutes maximum (as I reckon you wouldn't study 1 hour for each = 6 hours!). I recommend you to study specifically Mathematics & English (Advanced) everyday as they are the most important subjects (English is but you also seem to care about Mathematics). Put an hour for each subject and for other subjects, doing homework will be sufficient.

To prepare for exams, I reckon you should make either a timetable or study plan for each exam 2-3 weeks prior to the exam. Good luck. :)

Kyler-X

HSC
Try talking to your teachers before exams and finding out what specific topics are going to be in the exams.
That way you can revise specifics, as opposed to studying for the wholeeee topic. :)

ZJ NingNing

HSC
lyounamu said:
Why would you study all your subjects everyday? That doesn't seem like an effective way of studying (in my point of view). That is because you need to divide all your time into 6 subjects and it will be probably around 20-30 minutes maximum (as I reckon you wouldn't study 1 hour for each = 6 hours!). I recommend you to study specifically Mathematics & English (Advanced) everyday as they are the most important subjects (English is but you also seem to care about Mathematics). Put an hour for each subject and for other subjects, doing homework will be sufficient.

To prepare for exams, I reckon you should make either a timetable or study plan for each exam 2-3 weeks prior to the exam. Good luck. :)
I agree. That is a pretty good study plan. Dont worry I failed prelim and now I am getting top 10 in every subjects (except for English) in the HSC year (I do 3 sciences and 4 units of maths).

since prelim doesnt really count towards UAI, you should be more concerned with how well you are building the basic knowledge for your HSC rather than brooding over your marks. And stay away from BOS and other social websites when you are doing assignments on your computer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)