I'm worried that I wont be able to get 96 + (1 Viewer)

unmentionable

HSC
I'm aiming for commerce at UNSW and well havent thought about anything else...or want to do anything else for that matter. But my half yearly results werent all that good nor were my most recent assesments. I know i can catch up with the trials coming up but i would just like to know if i need to do A LOT of work or maybe just improve a little bit (always looking for easy way out =P)

I go to a selective school ranked top ten
here are my subjects and ranks
Maths 4u - 94% 5/50
Maths 3u - 92% 10/120
Eng Adv - 80% not sure about rank for this one maybe 15-20/130
Phys - 85% 20/30
Eco - 70% 30/70 (i really stuffed up for this assesment..and my rank dropped significantly from top ten to 30 =\)

thanks for your input!

mack

Banned
HSC
Id say just try and do your best and youll get there. That Physics mark looks pretty good, dont get disconcerted if your rank isnt that good, if your marks are good then there is no reason why you cant get your desired UAI.

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
unmentionable said:
I'm aiming for commerce at UNSW and well havent thought about anything else...or want to do anything else for that matter. But my half yearly results werent all that good nor were my most recent assesments. I know i can catch up with the trials coming up but i would just like to know if i need to do A LOT of work or maybe just improve a little bit (always looking for easy way out =P)

I go to a selective school ranked top ten !
i want to do same course too, but im even more screwed, cause my school is one of the shittist schools in the state (no joke).

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
youll get there,
and if you dont, well im f@#ked

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Don't worry about how your ranking may look right now, i mean you go to a selective school, so even ranking 20/30 would be considered high when you do the HSC...plus, your ranking don't look at all bad, so i'm sure you'll be fine.

Commerce at UNSW is great!! I'm sure i'll see you at uni next year, best of luck ^.<

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
dont get disconcerted if your rank isnt that good, if your marks are good then there is no reason why you cant get your desired UAI.
uai is a rank. if the every single person doing the hsc got 99/100 for their exams, and you got 80/100, even though your mark is excellent, your uai will be * ie- below 30.00. now dont get disheartened, i'm just trying to show that from your school assessments, ranks are the most important, or what is stopping schools from giving marks out like bananas? :)

SipSip

HSC
N/A
redruM said:
uai is a rank. if the every single person doing the hsc got 99/100 for their exams, and you got 80/100, even though your mark is excellent, your uai will be * ie- below 30.00. now dont get disheartened, i'm just trying to show that from your school assessments, ranks are the most important, or what is stopping schools from giving marks out like bananas? :)
True, but i don't think selective school gives out marks like bananas...I think unmentionable will quite comfortably get 96+...i mean my ranking were way worst than those and i still manage to get over 96...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)