imaginative journey (THE MATRIX & ALICE IN WONDERLAND) (1 Viewer)

yamimpi

HSC
hey im doing an english speech on imaginative journeys and the two texts i have chossen to relate to my speech are alice in wonderland and the matrix. does any one know the best way to analyse and the link the two texts for my speech?

spango0

HSC
Yah, I'm doing them both.
I havent analysed them as of yet...
However, there is a clear link in 'Alice in wonderland', yet not in the matrix so much. I mean it is there, its just harder for me to atriculate it using my thesis. I cant see how neo speculates upon anything by 'going down the rabbit hole', he just sort of... DOES.

It is important to figure out wether or not your related texts fit your thesis, and wether or not you can see the link to imaginative journeys clearly. If not, find something else.
I would suggest the fiction aisle!

Good luck

Teg92

HSC
hey, i just finished doing my speech. Comparing the matric to alice in wonderland. there are so many literary allusions, and many clues on to how they are connected.
Morpheus refers to Alice falling down the rabbit hole into Wonderland twice in different statements: “I imagine you’re feeling a bit like Alice, tumbling down the rabbit hole?” and “You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes”
In The Matrix Cypher confesses his regret over getting unplugged (“You know, I know what you're thinking, because right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually I've been thinking it ever since I got here. Why, oh why, didn't I take the blue pill?”) In Alice in Wonderland, Alice expresses a similar form of regret: “It was much more pleasant at home,” thought poor Alice, “when one wasn’t always growing larger and smaller and being ordered around by mice and rabbits. I almost wish I hadn’t gone down the rabbit hole – and yet – it's rather curious, you know this sort of life.”
In Alice in Wonderland, Alice meets a rabbit after falling down a rabbit hole and tries to follow him. In The Matrix, Neo is told to “follow the white rabbit”. Afterwards, he meets a woman with a white rabbit tattoo on her shoulder, she, as well as her companion, invites him to a club and he tags along. Rabbits are also seen again in the Matrix, this time on a TV in the Oracle’s living room.
Alice’s trip to Wonderland occurs while she is sleeping. Neo is sleeping while he is in the Matrix simulated world.
There is also a “late meeting” similarity as well regarding the rabbits in both movies. Choi is two hours late meeting Neo and Choi blames Dujour for it, while the rabbit in Wonderland pulls out his pocket watch and tells Alice Oh dear! Oh dear!I shall be too late.”

DaynaH9

HSC
hey, i just finished doing my speech. Comparing the matric to alice in wonderland. there are so many literary allusions, and many clues on to how they are connected.
Morpheus refers to Alice falling down the rabbit hole into Wonderland twice in different statements: “I imagine you’re feeling a bit like Alice, tumbling down the rabbit hole?” and “You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes”
In The Matrix Cypher confesses his regret over getting unplugged (“You know, I know what you're thinking, because right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually I've been thinking it ever since I got here. Why, oh why, didn't I take the blue pill?”) In Alice in Wonderland, Alice expresses a similar form of regret: “It was much more pleasant at home,” thought poor Alice, “when one wasn’t always growing larger and smaller and being ordered around by mice and rabbits. I almost wish I hadn’t gone down the rabbit hole – and yet – it's rather curious, you know this sort of life.”
In Alice in Wonderland, Alice meets a rabbit after falling down a rabbit hole and tries to follow him. In The Matrix, Neo is told to “follow the white rabbit”. Afterwards, he meets a woman with a white rabbit tattoo on her shoulder, she, as well as her companion, invites him to a club and he tags along. Rabbits are also seen again in the Matrix, this time on a TV in the Oracle’s living room.
Alice’s trip to Wonderland occurs while she is sleeping. Neo is sleeping while he is in the Matrix simulated world.
There is also a “late meeting” similarity as well regarding the rabbits in both movies. Choi is two hours late meeting Neo and Choi blames Dujour for it, while the rabbit in Wonderland pulls out his pocket watch and tells Alice Oh dear! Oh dear!I shall be too late.”
Wow this is great!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)