'Imaginative Writing' - what forms would be classified under this (1 Viewer)

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Hey guys,

I'm a bit confused about the wording of 'imaginative writing'. If I were to do a form, lets say for example, a speech or a feature article, would it still be classified as imaginative writing, or do I have to stick to the more to the traditional forms like narratives, diary entries etc.

raniaaa

:)
HSC
you don't HAVE to do a short story or diary entry, you could do a feature article or whatever, but its much more restrictive.. i mean how imaginative can a feature article get?

also my teacher said that apart from the whole 'creative/imaginative' thing, markers are really assessing how well you write. so use of language technique as well as writing fluently... and it's much easier to show off your writing skills plus be imaginative in a short story, in my opinion.

also she said never ever ever ever ever ever write a poem :)

moral of my post: yes you can write anything, but it'd be wiser to write a short story (if given choice)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
you don't have to do a short story or diary entry, you could do a feature article or whatever, but its much more restrictive.. I mean how imaginative can a feature article get?

Also my teacher said that apart from the whole 'creative/imaginative' thing, markers are really assessing how well you write. So use of language technique as well as writing fluently... And it's much easier to show off your writing skills plus be imaginative in a short story, in my opinion.

Also she said never ever ever ever ever ever write a poem :)

moral of my post: Yes you can write anything, but it'd be wiser to write a short story (if given choice)
+1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)