Importent for anyone going on a schoolies cruise. (1 Viewer)

Smavie

Under Achiever
HSC
"We had an incident during a schoolies cruise where we had a group of young men in a cabin and they had the cabin door open and any female that walked past their cabin door they would drag into the cabin"

Did anyone else catch the sunday program this morning? I know its on the top of the list of my personal top ten current affair programs, riviting stuff it is. But seriously, above is a quote from an ex security guard from the P&O Pacific Sky... at first i thought this guy is probably full of it and probably just pissed off at his employer for giving him the boot so decided to stir some shit up about them. But i asked a few mates who went of the same cruise i'm goin on this year and i got a kind of skeezy impression about some aspects of the cruise... talking about heaps of fights and stuff. Do you reckon it'll be different this year with all the stuff in the news about this lady who got doped up on liquid extacy and died?
Just curious as to what everyone else thinks. Cheers.

WaydesSexcBlond

HSC
Well.. Thats a wake up call isnt it..
Dam.. LoL.. I dunno wat to say..
I didnt hear that.. But then i didnt watch the tele this morning either.. But Ive spoken to quite a few ppl who've gone on previous schoolies cruises, and that never came up - unless it was kept quiet about..
I think security and staff on board will be extra careful with that chic dying and with all the bad publicity going around - but I guess where there's a will theres a way - If ppl are rlli into rapin every chic who walks past - then they will find a way to do it..
Its the same with any where u go with schoolies - on the cruise theres gonna be around 2000 16-19 yr olds gettin drunk n havin a [supposed]good time . As long as everyone looks out for each other, and u dnt wlk down the corridors alone u shud be pretty right.
I kno I'm still goin on the cruise - but mine isnt til next yr [dammit]..

riotgirl321

HSC
yeah ive heard tonnes of bad stuff about cruises for schoolies, so my friends and i haven't even considered going on one. There's tonnes of issues about drug use, sexual abuse and other things. It depends i guess- on where you go, who with and what company you're going to be going with, but like ANYWHERE in the world, you just have to be smart, be careful and don't do anything stupid.

:)

ashleedaz

HSC
seriously where at any schoolies detination dont you hear about drugs and sexual asbuse. i'd rather be on a cruise where there is an age restraint, so there isn't old freaks walking around the streets, like the goldie. Just because it has happened doesnt mean it is going to happen again, obviously the security is going to be over the top. i dont want to think about the shit, i have paid good money, so im gonna have a good time regardless of past incidents.

WaydesSexcBlond

HSC
Ive heard in another one of the threads that apparently theres gonna be a security guard for every 3 passengers... Im not too sure that that's tru, but i think itd be pretty close..
But i agree - i reckon the cruise is gonna be one of the safest schoolies 'destinations'.

tomcleary

HSC
sick so 2000 people so u reckon there will be like 666 security guards? unlikely.

WaydesSexcBlond

HSC
Nah jus sayin wat was said in another thread.. was tlkin about it today wit a couple of mates, they reckon they'd only be like 100 or so.. but who knows =/

WaydesSexcBlond

HSC
OMFG! wat the hell jus happened my computer went spaz, how do i delete the million posts it jus did?

oh good.. =/ they gone

Miss Breezy

HSC
I went on the schoolies cruise last year and since the diane brimble case in 2002 they have stepped up security measures. its only this year that it has come up again because of the case. there were at least 100 security guards on board last year and the same if not more this year. Yes there were fights on board but i never heard of any sexual assult and i was talking with security quite often. Go, be aware of your surroundings and have FUN!

lucyc

HSC
my friends and i just booked our schoolies cruise today (for next yr). we're heaps excited. we did talk about that stuff. ok, theres sleazy guys wherever you go-whether its bali, thailand, gold coast or whatever.
if you look out for each other than you should be alright though...
does anyone know what its like though if you're under 18? like drinking and stuff?

snowbunny

HSC
agreed..sleazy people everywhere you go...

plus they apparently have cameras in all the corridors now so if guys were pulling girls into their room the'd be locked up and in big trouble...

the cruise has to be one of the safest schoolies options i reckon

johnie

HSC
hey ladies, just wanted to say that you shouldn't be too pessimistic about it, keep in mind that dec 9 is the final cruise P&0 will have for schoolies ever, security has been beefed up and they wont stand for any bullshit. If you meet a guy that you're comfortable with, either take him back to your cabin and not his cabin, or alternatively let one of your mates know his cabin number and to come check on you within a certain time period.. little things that keep you assured is your best bet. If anyone gives you trouble, they won't be dealt with softly if it comes to anything such as forceful sexual misconduct, besides, if a random girl came up to me saying that a guy was giving her trouble and threatening her, i would definately step in, not to talk myself up or anything..

But ontop of everything, this cruise on dec 9th celebrates the conclusion of 13 years of schooling.. that puts shivers down my back just saying it, it's going to be absolutely fantastic! hope to see you all there!
no_seeds@hotmail.com .... if you feel like knowing somebody before hand,

wtgspod

HSC
Re: Important for anyone going on a schoolies cruise.

I'm going on the 9th cruise. And I agree with anyone else who said it - don't go anywhere on your own and just generally look after each other. That way, things are more likely to turn out just fine. =)

flirtpwincess

HSC
yeaaaa yea i herd all that n more... herd that even the security guards get in on the action as my dad works wit a guy who went lastyr n he said the chix wernt interested in them 17 y.o guys, they were gettin heaps ov attention from the "older" guys on the boat!

hell im still going tho... but yerr its rite so long as everyone looks out for everyone else ull b fine!

1st dec cruise gunna go off d charts, stay safe but party HARD!

ash7614

HSC
N/A
no matter what you do or where you go for schoolies there is a risk..
most young people see this as th opportunity to do whatever they want even at the cost of other peoples rights..
not only the young people on schoolies themselves but even older people around the area or on the cruise..
alot of older men see this time as a chance to pray on young drunk/vulnerable girls..

just keep your wits about you and stay with people you can really trust..

but there is no point going somewhere and just staying in your room because you're afraid to leave it..
have fun just don't be naive

lukeskywilliams

HSC
Yes I aggree, if you stay together and dont split up you'll be much safer, and keep your wits about you !

jess55555

HSC
You guys have nothing to worry about. I was on the schoolies cruise 23rd- today... Its soo much fun, you guys will make heapsa friends on board, i personally had to problems wat so ever. The only problem you may encouter is trying to drink underage, i didnt have this problem but alot of my friends did, there r guards everywhere...but besides that youll have an awsome time !!

Smavie

Under Achiever
HSC
I'm so glad that at least one of the threads on this forum hasn't deteriated into some pissy little argument after 2 or 3 posts! Haha!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)